Funds flung at 9-inch fan-built Raspberry Pi monitor

Ethnod

HDMIPi is an affordable 9" screen with a resolution of 1280x800 px screen for just £75 (just under €90 or around $120US). They are looking to raise £55k and that is smashed as 4 days in they are over £87k. The aim is to produce a small, good looking, quality and small HD screen for the RaspberryPI

Here is their Kickstarter vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S0mTQ_BF90

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/699177/video-302713-h264_high.mp4

I'm really impressed, RaspberryPI's functionality and use just keeps getting better and better

Source:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/04/pi_monitor/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/697708033/hdmipi-affordable-9-high-def-screen-for-the-raspbe

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Shame it's not 1080p but I could definitely get on board with something like this :)

Shame it's not 1080p but I could definitely get on board with something like this :)

I think a combo of price and battery life played a huge part in that decision tbh. Funny though, 88+ comments on the project and more on their 1st update and no one is asking for a 1080 screen. tbh 720... well 800 is plenty imo

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I think a combo of price and battery life played a huge part in that decision tbh. Funny though, 88+ comments on the project and more on their 1st update and no one is asking for a 1080 screen. tbh 720... well 800 is plenty imo

Yeah I agree, and like I said it's not a deal breaker for me - I'll still probably get one. What there are calls for ofc is touchscreen functionality. That would be nice too.

I don't know anything about RPi so this seems rather silly, why not just buy a tablet?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

question.... can i use this monitor in a pc environment? what if i wanted to integrate this into a mitx case?

I don't know anything about RPi so this seems rather silly, why not just buy a tablet?

..... there are so many reasons I dont even know where to start tbh you should look into the RPi if you want to know more

I find a Pi to be very slow running at 1080p, compared with say 1440x900. It may just be me but I would prefer a screen that is correctly sized to the resolution so as to be not so small that I can't see the writing, and not too big and low res.

You had my curiosity with the title.

Now you have my attention.  ;)

but seriously, can i use this screen in a windows environment? or are they messing with the board too much?

but seriously, can i use this screen in a windows environment? or are they messing with the board too much?

It looks like you should be able to use it with anything that uses HDMI. Toward the bottom of the kickstarter page they have a small section talking about what else you can use it for.

As far as I remember yes but not 100% sure, I did a lot of skimming. Read this (especially the highlighted posst as they are from the creators replying to people)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/697708033/hdmipi-affordable-9-high-def-screen-for-the-raspbe/comments

If your answer is not there ask, they will reply, they seems to be replying to everyone