Replacement remote for Amazon Fire Stick

ObilvionNizer
Go to solution Solved by johnt,

Your efforts are futile. You aren't going to find anything cheap as the TV Stick uses Bluetooth, which is a trigger word for the market to charge more. Plus, the Stick is grade A, premium Chinese design... which means the entire package isn't worth "repairing." Your best alternative is to buy another TV Stick from Amazon that comes with a remote. And advise your mother in law to stop going ham on plastic things from China. 

Hey everyone, 

My mother-in-law has an amazon fire stick, she broke the remote that came with the stick and needs a replacement one and does not what to spend a lot on the remote, £10 max. I have told her about the FireTV app but she whats a physical solution. Are there any replacements you could recommend? 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

there is a app for smartphones, don't know how well it works, but you should be able to control it from it

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

1 minute ago, grimreeper132 said:

there is a app for smartphones, don't know how well it works, but you should be able to control it from it

Already stated in my original post that i have told her about the android app but she wants an actual remote. The app is not the greatest. The fact that to movie up and down on the app you need to swipe sucks. Would be better if they had put buttons onto the app. 

47 minutes ago, deansmylie1993 said:

I have told her about the FireTV app but she whats a physical solution.

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

1 minute ago, deansmylie1993 said:

Already stated in my original post that i have told her about the android app but she wants an actual remote. The app is not the greatest. The fact that to movie up and down on the app you need to swipe sucks. Would be better if they had put buttons onto the app. 

fair enough, in that case you might just need to buy a new remote as I don't think that there is any other way then

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Your efforts are futile. You aren't going to find anything cheap as the TV Stick uses Bluetooth, which is a trigger word for the market to charge more. Plus, the Stick is grade A, premium Chinese design... which means the entire package isn't worth "repairing." Your best alternative is to buy another TV Stick from Amazon that comes with a remote. And advise your mother in law to stop going ham on plastic things from China.