Water cooling ATX case

Fujioko

Hi!

I need a little help!

I am trying to build a new PC and decided to go for watercooling the CPU as the case I bought featured that you could slot a radiator in the top with fans.  However, when I received all my parts, it became apparent that this would not be the case and a radiator wouldn't even fit the top!

I tried to mod the case to fit it but ended up scratching the Radiators screw holes so neither can be returned now. (Case was £27 so it doesn't make a difference to me)

Ideally I want to have a case that someone has proven to have the same setup (full ATX with radiator and fans attached.) as I have!

I have a full sized ATX motherboard (ASUS Z170-Deluxe) and the Corsair H100i v2 liquid cooler for the CPU.

I have a budget of approx £80 but the cheaper the case the better if possible.

it needs to be able to fit the H100i v2 with both fans attached and my motherboard without any obstructions to the 8pin power slot or RAM.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

welcome to the forum

there are plenty cases, depending on your color needs and preferences for more or less airflow oriented cases https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=0,8087&f=2

you could take something like the nzxt https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Vpdqqs/nzxt-case-cas340ww1

and use the saved money to buy some other fans for the h100i v2 AIO ( the standard fans sound like a jet engine under load) 

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Thanks for the reply! Finding the cases isn't really the problem.

The main issue is that none of them state whether they will fit radiators and fans above an ATX motherboard.

i bought a CIT case which had a mount under the top part of the case and this claimed to house a water cooling radiator but it wasn't wide enough so I had to basically rip it to fit the radiator in and even then the fans wouldn't fit with my motherboard.

I'm really looking for a case that has a top enclosure built into the lid of the case (but with depth as I don't really want to mount the fans outside the case as I have curious cats that like biting plastic!)

I had found the Aerocool Aero 500 which claimed the same but I'm a bit wary as there are no pictures of the top enclosure so I'm looking more for human experiences with a similar setup.  I don't really want to buy a case and have to return it because it's the same situation again :(.

i was watching this video which led me here 

this is the kind of case I'm looking at and I can see that he has a full ATX motherboard and enough room to do push pull without obstructing the motherboard.