Enthoo Luxe (Intake vs. Exhaust)

Omie
5 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

If you plug it into the motherboard, you will 100% be able to control it.

If you plug it into the controller, I'd say maybe 25% chance of being able to control it. 

We won't know until you try.

Ah ok got it, thanks. And by by "control" it you mean set it to DC voltage control in the BIOS? If it turns out I can't control it through the hub, then that means the BIOS won't let me set it to DC control and the fan will always run at 100%, correct?

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

I don't think so. Googling around people say that 3 pin fans on that "hub" run at max speed.

Technically when you split a 4 pin signal you only need 3 pins for all of the fans after the first one (only the first one sends it's RPM info back.)

yes, but it's pin 3 that's not needed (tachometer pin). PWM is still on pin 4.

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elerek/saved/3T7D4D

35 minutes ago, Elerek said:

yes, but it's pin 3 that's not needed (tachometer pin). PWM is still on pin 4.

Agreed, that's why I'm not sure. We can only know when the OP tries it.

Looking at the "hub," I don't see any ADC chips on there (perhaps on the back.) 

So here is my situation:

The Luxe comes with 3 fans, 140mm rear and top, and 200mm front fan.

I'm taking out the top 140mm and putting in a 240 rad (H115i) along with 2xML140 Pro red LED's attached to the rad.

The rear 140mm fan will also be replaced with another ML140 Pro red LED so it matches my rad fans' color.

Now, I don't want the stock fans to go to waste, so with the PSU shroud removed, I'm thinking of putting the 140mm stock fan in the bottom next to the PSU. 

My rad is set to exhaust and so is my rear fan. So my most logical option is to have the stock 140mm fan set as intake in the bottom right? That way it will suck cool air in from the bottom and exhaust it through the case where it is then picked up and exhausted out of the case by my rad and rear fans.

Sound good?