Yet another low PPD thread...

To start off simply, I used to get 100,000-120,000 PPD. Now I get under 20,000. Such a big drop, and the consistency of the drop makes me suspect that it's not just bad WU's. I'm not exactly sure when it started, but the only hardware change I've made is the addition of a custom watercooling loop. Another thing I discovered when troubleshooting is that my client-type beta flags seem to have just vanished and I can't seem to add them back in. Here's a list of things I've tried:

Re-installed FAH

Deleted WU's

Set my system back to stock, no OC's

Tried to add beta flags again... But it just seems to add more CPU slots and that doesn't do anything....

Any suggestions would be appreciated

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Which core are the low-point WU's? Core 15 are worth a lot less than Core 17, and from the sounds of multiple forums Core 17 aren't given out as often as 15.

I was certain I was following this thread. Oh well, I am now

CPU- FAH core 0xa3

GPU- FAH core 0x17

So, I don't know what the CPU is folding but the GPU is on core 17. Ideas?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I was certain I was following this thread. Oh well, I am now

CPU- FAH core 0xa3

GPU- FAH core 0x17

So, I don't know what the CPU is folding but the GPU is on core 17. Ideas?

Do you know what project it was? 8900, 7811, 7810?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

post-17266-0-61566500-1383612240_thumb.p

@Kayn

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Yeh, I don't seem to get great PPD on my 3770k and 7970 GHz.

About the same as you. On core15 and 17 projects.

Check usage - make sure GPU and CPU running at expected loads...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Its all running maxed. I left it folding over night, got better PPD, up to about 150k now. Must be because i wasn't letting it run long enough before, only for around 5-6 hours while i was at work.

Check usage - make sure GPU and CPU running at expected loads...

Both were running at 100% load, although, my CPU was yielding less that 5000 PPD so I have since just stopped folding as I deemed it not worth it for such a low contribution

Its all running maxed. I left it folding over night, got better PPD, up to about 150k now. Must be because i wasn't letting it run long enough before, only for around 5-6 hours while i was at work.

I left it at 100% for a few days with no change...

I am good at computer

Spoiler

I dont like the core 17 points. =(

I was getting more points on core 15 (recently) (about 5-9 thousand per WU - taking 3-6hrs to complete)

It takes about 18 hrs to get 14000 ish on core 17 =(

Not happy jan.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

When you uninstall FAH - did you also check the box to delete data? Do that, reboot. Go back and make sure the directory and everything are removed. Then re-install, reboot. 

If it wont let you add the flag back in, that is definitely application specific and very weird. Maybe the registry is messed up.

Also, no contribution is to low. :) Just set it to medium and let it Fold away when the system is Idle. 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

When you uninstall FAH - did you also check the box to delete data? Do that, reboot. Go back and make sure the directory and everything are removed. Then re-install, reboot. 

If it wont let you add the flag back in, that is definitely application specific and very weird. Maybe the registry is messed up.

Also, no contribution is to low. :) Just set it to medium and let it Fold away when the system is Idle. 

No no, I just stopped CPU folding, don't worry, my GPU still folds at 100 percent. I'll try uninstalling again...

EDIT: Also, beta or advanced client type for the slots, the adding of flags magically resolved itself

I am good at computer

Spoiler

I'm gonna try and start folding on my 2.4GHz Hyper-Threaded P4, and some people say it might get only 1K PPD. So chill.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)