air cooling in carbide 500r?

bepfer

does any1 know what the measures are for CPU coolers (air) in the corsair carbide 500r? cant find it anywhere.

If you try to contact corsairs customer support they may be able to tell you.

You could also try going to you local electronics store and seeing if they have one there that you would be able to measure

My guess based off the case's dimensions is that it would probably fit a 165mm tall heatsink max.

I'm running an A70 in my 500r which is 120mm + about another 35mm for the heatpipes and that fits with a little bit of clearance to the side case fan. I reckon its about 165m max as Money as said, but if you remove the side case fan which is 200mm stock and replace it with 1 or perhaps 2 120's if the heatsink allows it you will get a few more cm's of clearance.

As far as I know it fits a Noctua nh-d14, so you should be good for most air-coolers out there.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

As far as I know it fits a Noctua nh-d14' date=' so you should be good for most air-coolers out there.[/quote']

If an NH-D14 fits literally any other should fit with ease.