anyone else getting a gtx 780 ti?

hookaman

Hey, anybody else getting the gtx 780 ti? I'am thinking of getting 2 but i'am pretty sure 1 will be good for a while. I'll want a second for the star citizen Dogfighting module.

Upgrading my 7870 for the gtx 780 ti. 

My build is a 4770k, msi gd-65, corsair force gs 128gb, zulman z11 case, xfx 750 watt psu modular, 8gb kingston hyperx blue (16gb soon), h80i cooler, 1tb hd for games, and some other things.

Im going to get the 780 with the price drop and the Price per performance :D

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

770 SC for me, and actually the same reason as you. ( Not quite as much cash though ;) )

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

i heard there is going to be one with 12gb of vram :)

Ya so did i, that's pretty insane. If it's $1000 il get it, any more and that's to much. but if it's say 1100 but gives 200 off a shield then i'd get it. I'am also getting the shield. But most likely i'll get the regular 3gb or 6gb if 6gb is 800 so i can still afford to buy a second one in a month or 2.

I'm thinking of getting two but that won't be until next summer

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I think at this point, I am going to wait until the 800 series to get a new GPU.  I love my 680, but the 2GB of VRAM kind of ruin my hopes of going SLI considering I play at 1600p.  The UMA they have talked about with Maxwell sounds interesting to me and I won't really be able to use my gaming rig much until then anyway.

wouldn't take those seriously

If they are real though, a single core trading blows with last gen dual last gen GPU cards? Wow!  Imagine if they made a GTX790, 2 780ti cores and 12GB of usable VRAM, talk about power!

If they are real though, a single core trading blows with last gen dual last gen GPU cards? Wow!  Imagine if they made a GTX790, 2 780ti cores and 12GB of usable VRAM, talk about power!

yeah would be awesome if it's real and all :P

i heard there is going to be one with 12gb of vram :)

A GTX 780 Ti?

Can't see that happening, the only one I can think of is a Quadro

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

12gb seems a little to much for a graphic card. Yet again in around 4 or 5 years 12gb will be standard for them.

12gb seems a little to much for a graphic card. Yet again in around 4 or 5 years 12gb will be standard for them.

That is so cool thought I can't see it coming with 12GB, right now it is pointless for a consumer grade card, now professional grade then fair enough

6GB is far more likely

That is so cool thought I can't see it coming with 12GB, right now it is pointless for a consumer grade card, now professional grade then fair enough

6GB is far more likely

you have to get ready for that 4k surround in 3d :P

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

you have to get ready for that 4k surround in 3d :P

But is that going to require 12GB of VRAM?

But is that going to require 12GB of VRAM?

even that will at most need 5gb or so.

Rumors say it's the "Titan Ultra"

LOL.. Really?.. i thought Nvidia themselves revealed it as the 780-Ti?..

Well was thinking of waiting it out for Maxwell.. saw the graph and i am really "expecting" a huge performance boost.. If they do follow the release of the 780.. then maybe the 880 will come during the Summer?.. Damnn soo Excited! Get 2 of those and can start doing some real shit

I still hope they build a GeForce GTX 790 Ti, if they do that thing will be insane :)

I still hope they build a GeForce GTX 790 Ti, if they do that thing will be insane :)

that'll be way to expensive.