AD900x and AD2000x owners or have listened to please help.

AUDIOLOVER
Go to solution Solved by Pomfinator,

AT technically discontinued it, but it's still being sold in stores.  I don't think having a smaller soundstage should deter anyone from a headphone.  Yes having a big one is nice, but lots of headphones have big soundstages but no instrument seperation to back it up.  The 1000x/2000x do instrument seperation much better than their China-made siblings. 

They haven't said anything about a replacement yet though (fuck you AT for revealing stupid shit during CES), the only issue I have with the current line is that changing the pads is like asking to be murdered by treble.

If you do not like the smaller soundstage though, you could look at something like the K7XX.

I currently own the ad900x and am thinking about buying a pair of ad2000x's. My big question is, what is the soundstage like on the ad2000x's compared to the ad900x's? I love using the ad900x for gaming due to its crazy awesome soundstage and positional accuracy, does the ad2000x have the same positional accuracy and soundstage or does it actually have better? I also listen to alot of music and already know that the ad2000x's will be very good for that, but before i buy them I just wanna know if i should sell my ad900x's before doing so. Because if the ad2000x's can achieve the same soundstage and positional accuracy as the ad900x's can, then i will happily buy the ad2000x as a replacement and obviously go ahead with my plan on selling off my ad900x. I will be using a schiit magni 2 and a schiit modi 2 uber to power the headphones. 

Soundstage is smaller, but better positional accuracy.  I would recommend the AD1000x over the 2000x just because you won't get that much improvement over it.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

how much smaller is it, enough to make me wanna keep my ad900x? I live in Australia and there isn't any store that sells a 1000x. Even the ad2000x is kinda rare, only a handful of stores have it in stock/sell it. I believe that the ad2000x is now also discontinued, should I maybe wait for something new from audio technica? If yes how long will it be though and is there actually any news on anything new? Because I haven't heard or seen anything about a new set of headphones that will replace the ad2000x from audio technica. 

AT technically discontinued it, but it's still being sold in stores.  I don't think having a smaller soundstage should deter anyone from a headphone.  Yes having a big one is nice, but lots of headphones have big soundstages but no instrument seperation to back it up.  The 1000x/2000x do instrument seperation much better than their China-made siblings. 

They haven't said anything about a replacement yet though (fuck you AT for revealing stupid shit during CES), the only issue I have with the current line is that changing the pads is like asking to be murdered by treble.

If you do not like the smaller soundstage though, you could look at something like the K7XX.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I just like the soundstage and positional accuracy that the ad900x has, I play games like rainbow six siege and positional accuracy is quite important, so is soundstage. I guess i'll just get the ad2000x and judge for myself, better positional accuracy does sound very promising though. Thanks for your replies Pomfinator.

1 hour ago, Pomfinator said:

It's likely going to be much the same headphones, but they'll be Z instead of X. (just like they did with the closed back versions - I assume.)

46 minutes ago, AUDIOLOVER said:

I just like the soundstage and positional accuracy that the ad900x has, I play games like rainbow six siege and positional accuracy is quite important, so is soundstage. I guess i'll just get the ad2000x and judge for myself, better positional accuracy does sound very promising though. Thanks for your replies Pomfinator.

You'd be surprised at how unimportant sound stage is compared to imaging. Also, the AD2000X will likely sound pretty anemic in the low end, which is why I would suggest the 1000X. It's going to have a better low end, which will make gaming a little more enjoyable.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

31 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

It's likely going to be much the same headphones, but they'll be Z instead of X. (just like they did with the closed back versions - I assume.)

You'd be surprised at how unimportant sound stage is compared to imaging. Also, the AD2000X will likely sound pretty anemic in the low end, which is why I would suggest the 1000X. It's going to have a better low end, which will make gaming a little more enjoyable.

I live in australia, no stores currently sell the 1000x lol, but a handful do sell the 2000x.

46 minutes ago, AUDIOLOVER said:

I live in australia, no stores currently sell the 1000x lol, but a handful do sell the 2000x.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to buy them from overseas and have them shipped. You'd still be saving money, and getting the more enjoyable headphone. It's up to you of course, but that's what I would suggest.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

hmm all in all, is the 2000x good enough to replace the ad900x for both gaming and music? Imma be poor and if i can sell my ad900x, then I wont be so much anymore. Otherwise i would rather keep the ad900x and also own the ad2000x, I don't wanna be missing the nice sweet sound that the ad900x produces.  

1 hour ago, AUDIOLOVER said:

hmm all in all, is the 2000x good enough to replace the ad900x for both gaming and music? Imma be poor and if i can sell my ad900x, then I wont be so much anymore. Otherwise i would rather keep the ad900x and also own the ad2000x, I don't wanna be missing the nice sweet sound that the ad900x produces.  

I think your question has already been answered insofar as is possible. It's now up to you to either make a decision or continue dithering.