I have a question bout macs

So, we all know of boot camp, if you dont it is a Windows emulator virtual machine for macs to run Windows OS

So, if a Macbook is using the same architecture, even the same CPU's, would it be possible to format the HDD, get a Windows 10 key, and load up Windows 10 on a mac?

Just now, LucasDerpYT said:

So, we all know of boot camp, if you dont it is a Windows emulator virtual machine for macs to run Windows OS

So, if a Macbook is using the same architecture, even the same CPU's, would it be possible to format the HDD, get a Windows 10 key, and load up Windows 10 on a mac?

Also to put emphasis, i mean stuff like Mac Mini's and Mac Pro's, and older Macbooks 

not without boot camp i have a mac, currently using a 2013 MacBook pro retina for work bought it for school. i have window 10 installed in it i love it the 750m is good enough because i don't game in it i have a gaming pc for that. the battery life is good on a heavy day looking at excel and word while browsing Reddit and ltt i get about 6 to 8 hour battery life. solid built and overall a excellent laptop but not worth the price, personally i love mine.  

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not without boot camp i have a mac, currently using a 2013 MacBook pro retina for work bought it for school. i have window 10 installed in it i love it the 750m is good enough because i don't game in it i have a gaming pc for that. the battery life is good on a heavy day looking at excel and word while browsing Reddit and ltt i get about 6 to 8 hour battery life. solid built and overall a excellent laptop but not worth the price, personally i love mine.  

I was meaning like Mac pros not Macbooks.

Just now, LucasDerpYT said:

I was meaning like Mac pros not Macbooks.

MacPro is a biggest waste of money ever if you have too much money donate.

Macs run Windows natively through bootcamp. IE no virtualization. 

If you want to VM windows on a Mac, Parallels is what you want to buy. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if you have too much money donate.

I live in America, that sentence make 0 sense to me. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

I live in America, that sentence make 0 sense to me. 

canadian mate i was saying if you have too much money, donate your money to a charity. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

donate your money to a charity. 

Still dont see why anyone would do that. But that is just me. 

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Basically, its better to get a custom built, install hackintosh, and donate the difference between that and the Mac Pro to charity

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

well buying a mac pro is burning your money , donating to a homeless shelter will provide people with food. i am assuming you are young. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

well buying a mac pro is burning your money , donating to a homeless shelter will provide people with food. i am assuming you are young. 

He is probably around my age (13) therefor your age argument is invalid. 

I would rather spend money on myself rather than other people. 

2 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

I am 17

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

I would rather spend money on myself rather than other people. 

well when you grow up the world will seem different. i am currently 24 out of university for 1 year with an engineering degree and a good job, our world view is a bit different. 

3 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

13 is a young age.

13 is a young age.

Yea, I know that. Though in many aspects I am smarter than some 3X my age

1 minute ago, LucasDerpYT said:

Yea, I know that. Though in many aspects I am smarter than some 3X my age

when you grow up you will realize people are smart at different things, you might be good with computer but my physic professor knows nothing about computer but he is really good at physic. 

short answer, no. long, although the hardware is the same across mac/ pc, apple uses whatever their special sauce bios is, and locks the hardware to only accept their specific OS. its essentially easier to build a hackintosh than to get mac hardware to accept an install of anything that not OSX.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

when you grow up you will realize people are smart at different things, you might be good with computer but my physic professor knows nothing about computer but he is really good at physic. 

I know, thats why I said in aspects, not "smarter"

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I am 17

8 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

He was fucking with you dude.... You played yourself 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

And, yes i know. 

I can be smart in computers, logic, math, etc

Though someone can be smarter in Astronomics, etc

3 minutes ago, thehardwarehacker said:

short answer, although the hardware is the same across mac/ pc, apple used whatever their special sauce bios is, and locks the hardware to only accept their specific OS. its essentially easier to build a hackintosh than to get mac hardware to accept an install of anything that not OSX.

Not all hardware works with Hackintosh so make sure you do your research my guy

(Talking to op)

1 minute ago, LucasDerpYT said:

And, yes i know. 

I can be smart in computers, logic, math, etc

Though someone can be smarter in Astronomics, etc

i love computer, math physic so i became a mechanical engineer.