Choosing a career path in CS?

derrickd241

I'm in my 2nd year of getting my bachelors in cs.  I know I want to be a software engineer, but there's so many career paths one can take.  That I have to decide, I'm leaning towards android app development, but at the same time there's so many apps already that it seems like it's already over saturated with apps.  Of course there's pros and cons with everything but saying you designed your own app and then you can show people right on the spot, I think that would be cool as heck.  

3 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

there's so many apps already that it seems like it's already over saturated with apps.

That's not a valid point at all. You could say as well that there are already too many websites or too many houses.

android is a good way to show off your work if you want to go down the java path. Most work available is in web apps but there is a high demand for mobile apps. Even though the market is saturated there are almost annual changes to API and google can't seem to make its mind up on its maps & GPS API. I wouldn't classify android apps as software engineering as the API is very high level; abstracted away from low level/hardware stuff and more about design & usability

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_