[Build Log] BBR4 - Hackintosh

very nice build, love the r4 and the blue colour theme.

Well done I think you've done the R4 justice :).

I'm buying the graphics card today so updates soon!

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

UPDATE!

Okay so I finally went out and splurged and got a Gigabyte GTX770!

Its so beautiful! (Better be for $480 :P)

There is one issue though. While I was researching what to get, I was always planning on getting the 2GB version, which had 1x8 and 1x6 pin PCI-e power connectors, and thats what I sleeved my cables for, however, I ended up getting the 4GB version which has 2x8 pin. So. I will either need to sleeve another set of cables, or extend the extra cables from the 8 pin thats already there, as my harness is a 6+2 pin, and a 6 pin. Its not ideal, but ohwell. For now, I have just run an extra cable I had to get it going while I figure out what I want to do.

Enough talking, heres some pics!

qb8SnQ8.jpg

Excuse the shitty quality, I was in a rush

fVyDnoI.jpg

Goddamn ugly cable

q5z9CbI.jpg

All set up.

I have OC'd the card to 1300Mhz, and get really good results from it!

Will post a benchmark later

Enjoy!

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

• 2 months later...

Hey you did the same thing as me. I painted the PCI slot covers & HDD sleds with blue plastidip also. Plus I have the same MOBO.

CommonCurt Current Rig #3

I'm glad I found this because I have been wondering if a H100i would fit in a R4 with Z77 UD5H.

Now I can buy one with confidence. 

Thanks.

UPDATE

Its been awhile since the last update, but I'v been focusing on getting my peripherals and desk set up how I want it.

I recently bought a pair of ATH-M50s's. They are fantastic headphones! I have also purchased a mod mic, but that hasnt arrived yet.

GuyqvHv.jpg

I also ordered a mousepad from artscow.com for only $1! I needed one and figured why not! Plus i got my own design.

GP5i5qa.jpg

MolOSuq.jpg

There was an ad on facebook for a website I had never heard of that were selling all of their griffin products for the shipping cost, so I got a stand for my Macbook Pro for only $7.50!

lYG2zaO.jpg

Odga0CG.jpg

I currently have that setup as a microphone input to my main pc, so I can watch videos and all that from the laptop whilst playing games on the main pc. This is easier for me than getting a second screen, and looks really good in my opinion.

Also, I had ordered a Func MS-3 gaming mouse from MassDrop.com over christmas and that arrived today! (for only $29!!)

t55X3T9.jpg

I think its awesome! I love the way it feels and works.

P5Asgnj.jpg

And this is my current setup!

Nv7bpII.jpg

I love it!

Anyways thanks for checking this out. There is still a little bit more to do, such as new proper mouse pad (Looking at the corsair mm200 extended), 16gb ram (currently using old pc ram), and to finish the sleeving for the graphics card.

Also, I had bought some of the NZXT sleeved LED's in white, but they have died over a week, and I cant RMA them since I got them from eBay :( thats $30 down the drain.

Cheers!

really sweet build and setup!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270