An upgrade for my i3 4150

Go to solution Solved by Ctown0812,
1 minute ago, b3ndix said:

any reasons for upgrading my mobo and psu? i'm want build small gaming rig since the biostar form factor is mini itx

Firstly, your cpu should be your first priority.  The mobo and psu are more of a "peace of mind"  upgrade.  There are other mini itx boards out there.  Biostar has a reputation of being unreliable as far as quality control.  I'd go with a more reputable brand like Asus or MSI.  The PSU I just never heard of, so its hard for me to trust a brand i've never heard of.  If youre using it now with no issues, i wouldn't worry too much.  But be prepared for something to wrong.  

Hi, i'm just finished building my first so called gaming rig. Here is a list of my computer specs :

Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz

Biostar H81MLV3 LGA 1150 Mini ITX

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Zotac OC

Team Elite+ 4x2 DDR3 1600 MHz

Xigmatek X-Calibre XCP a 500w 80+

Stock intel hsf

Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Professional

I know the CPU is kind of bottlenecking my GPU, so any suggest for upgrade my i3? or any updgrade for my rig. Thank you ! (This is my first post)

plus any suggestion for good mini itx case?

5 minutes ago, b3ndix said:

Hi, i'm just finished building my first so called gaming rig. Here is a list of my computer specs :

Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz

Biostar H81MLV3 LGA 1150 Mini ITX

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Zotac OC

Team Elite+ 4x2 DDR3 1600 MHz

Xigmatek X-Calibre XCP a 500w 80+

Stock intel hsf

Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Professional

I know the CPU is kind of bottlenecking my GPU, so any suggest for upgrade my i3? or any updgrade for my rig. Thank you ! (This is my first post)

somthing like a used I5 4690 would be a great upgrade

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

i think that over my budget(here in indonesia the price pretty high), do you think i5 4460 would be a nice choice?

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I would also upgrade your Motherboard and your power supply.  You can find some pretty good deals in the used market like eBay.  

1 minute ago, Ctown0812 said:

I would also upgrade your Motherboard and your power supply.  You can find some pretty good deals in the used market like eBay.  

any reasons for upgrading my mobo and psu? i'm want build small gaming rig since the biostar form factor is mini itx

7 minutes ago, b3ndix said:

The biggest increase in performance is going to come from upgrading your cpu. Upgrading to an i5 that's compatible with that socket seems like the obvious choice.

14 minutes ago, b3ndix said:

because that psu prob is bad quality and you should get a better one for avoid get burn your house... Also you didnt mention your budget

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

1 minute ago, Blackhole890 said:

because that psu prob is bad quality and you should get a better one for avoid get burn your house...

hmm okay maybe i'll include in my list later. Any recommendation for good itx cases?

1 minute ago, b3ndix said:

Firstly, your cpu should be your first priority.  The mobo and psu are more of a "peace of mind"  upgrade.  There are other mini itx boards out there.  Biostar has a reputation of being unreliable as far as quality control.  I'd go with a more reputable brand like Asus or MSI.  The PSU I just never heard of, so its hard for me to trust a brand i've never heard of.  If youre using it now with no issues, i wouldn't worry too much.  But be prepared for something to wrong.  

13 minutes ago, Ctown0812 said:

500w is plenty, mobo is fine if it has what he wants.

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

The biggest increase in performance is going to come from upgrading your cpu. Upgrading to an i5 that's compatible with that socket seems like the obvious choice.

3 minutes ago, Ctown0812 said:

couldn't agree more, thanks for the suggestions guys :) 

2 minutes ago, b3ndix said:

so, any good itx cases..?

Which one do you have at the moment?

I can personally recommend the Phanteks Evolv ITX, it is roomy, sleek and very easy to build in.

Note that it is quite large for an mITX build.

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

Which one do you have at the moment?

I can personally recommend the Phanteks Evolv ITX, it is roomy, sleek and very easy to build in.

Note that it is quite large for an mITX build.

just using old black non branded cases, i want some cube itx design

1 minute ago, Ctown0812 said:

Fractal Design Node 304 or the Corsair Obsidian 250D

thanks for the recommendation !

12 minutes ago, b3ndix said:

just using old black non branded cases, i want some cube itx design

Corsair Air 240 is sleeklooking!