Is my RAM causing games to stutter?

So a couple of days ago i upgraded motherboard, CPU and RAM. Everything worked out fine with installing and booting and so on, everything was fine until i saw one problem: My RAM was only at Single-channel 4GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz when i had installed two DDR4 4GB sticks. I did some "research" and found out that one of the sticks were defect so i contacted the company that i ordered from and im getting some new in the near future. 

Now my problem is that when i am playing games my game stutters from time to time and i suspect that its my RAM exceeding the "amount". I dont know yet if its the RAM screwing me over or if its something else but thats what i suspect looking at the usage of CPU, GPU and RAM. My question is very simple, is it my RAM causing the game to stutter? Thanks in advance, and if i was unclear with some information, just ask so i can get the right help! :)

Yep, low ram causes stutter. I played with 4gbs of memory and some games were just a nogo like planetside 2. Stutters were very frequent. A year later i finally got myself another 4gbs of memory and stuff went butterysmooth.

I5 4440//8gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3//Sapphire Radeon r9 380 4gb//ASUS h81m-plus//WD caviar blue 1tb//Cooler Master N200//Cooler Master G500

Are you monitoring your RAM usage? Is it hitting 4g?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Okay, the RAM is definitely the problem. My RAM-usage is like 70-80% while on Google Chrome and no game running so i bet thats the problem.

Other specs: i5 6600k, GTX 970, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, tell me if you need more.

yes, it's a RAM issue. I noticed this waaay back when I had an alienware alpha w/ 4gb of RAM (how times have changed), and I noticed significant stuttering in GTA5 that disappeared when I upgraded to 16gb

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

are you running 2 mismatched sticks while you're waiting to replace the bad stick?

Jup, that sounds about right. Multiple browser tabs up the RAM usage a lot, and Chrome is know for that especially. Less tabs and get extra RAM will help. I figure you run 64bit Windows. That alone already uses a fair ammount + other standard programs. So you run into issues with gaming fast now.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Im only running single-channel DDR4 because thats the only RAM-stick that i own that is compatible with my motherboard. I have 4 other RAM-sticks but they're DDR3, FeelsBadMan. 

Okay, new RAM arrives in a couple of days so that should solve my problem. Thanks for all the answers guys/girls, very nice! :)