Macbook pro coverage of the p3 gamut?

Go to solution Solved by Orboe,
On 1/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, spacemen13579 said:

I'm pretty certain it has the whole P3 color gamut. I am using one myself and I love it! Although I do have an up and down arrow key issue. Check this: LINK

Thank you for the reply! I got ahold of Apple and they said it is 99% accurate. Thabk you for telling me about the keyboard problem!

Hello! I am looking at the Macbook pro and was wondering if it covers 100% or what % of the p3 color gamut? The Apple website says that it uses the p3 color gamut but not what % of coverage. Any help would be appreciated. I am currently picking between a razer blade pro or a macbook pro (configured to 3500 usd).

I'm pretty certain it has the whole P3 color gamut. I am using one myself and I love it! Although I do have an up and down arrow key issue. Check this: LINK

Main Rig: Ryzen 5 5600X with ID Cooling SE-234 || Gigabyte Aorus B550I Pro AX || Asus Dual OC 3060Ti || 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz || 500GB Samsung Evo Plus || 500GB Kingston A400 || 1TB WD HDD || Cooler Master SFX V750 || Cooler Master NR200P

Secondary Rig: i7-7700K with Corsair H115i || MSI Z270 Pro Carbon AC || MSI Gaming X 1060 6GB || 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz || 500GB Adata SX8200 || 2x 1TB WD Blue || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Laptop: Macbook Pro 16" || i9-9880HK || Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB ||32GB RAM || 1TB SSD

On 1/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, spacemen13579 said:

Thank you for the reply! I got ahold of Apple and they said it is 99% accurate. Thabk you for telling me about the keyboard problem!

1 hour ago, Orboe said:

That's surprising to know about the new 2016 MacBook Pros, because usually the retina screens have barely 100% sRGB and an external monitor would be necessary for a wider gamut support.  The 2016 models come with a Radeon Pro GPU that supports 10-bit color, but I assumed it would only handle 10-bit with an external 10-bit monitor and not on the integrated retina display.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

That's surprising to know about the new 2016 MacBook Pros, because usually the retina screens have barely 100% sRGB and an external monitor would be necessary for a wider gamut support.  The 2016 models come with a Radeon Pro GPU that supports 10-bit color, but I assumed it would only handle 10-bit with an external 10-bit monitor and not on the integrated retina display.

It is! That is why I was nervous because they did not give a % of coverage. It took them a while to find the information for me though. Was on hold for like 30 minutes. I am glad it has 99% p3 color coverage on the monitor. Makes it much better for my use case.