Future AMD ZEN motherboards with Micro ITX support?

Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,

No reason they couldn't be. Will have to wait and see.

But AMD do need to make some money back, so I imagine where there's a market, they're gonna try and fill it.

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on the possibility of future AMD Zen supporting motherboards being produced in a Mini ITX form factor?

I would really like to build a mini PC, but i would rather wait and see what happens with AMD rather than buy Intel straight away.

No reason they couldn't be. Will have to wait and see.

But AMD do need to make some money back, so I imagine where there's a market, they're gonna try and fill it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

The reason AM3+ didn't have an mITX board was because of the use of a north- and southbridge on that platform. There simply wasn't any room to put all of that+ a big socket+ 2 full-sized DIMM slots on a puny mITX board. Now that we have just one chipset we'll see more than enough mITX boards on AM4. It has become a bigger market in recent years with people wanting small but powerful machines, so there's no reason for AMD and its motherboard partners to not have an mITX lineup. Both with the low-end A320 chipset as well as the higher end overclocking boards with the B350 and X370 chipsets. That's so great about B350. It's a mid-range chipset similar to Intel's H series, but the big difference is that B350 still allows overclocking.

So you'll have a cheaper mITX board with an unlocked 4,6 or 8-core Ryzen chip and Vega in the future. Nice innit?

Ye ole' train

4 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

puny mITX board

bruh, wanna fait

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, Dansk_84 said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on the possibility of future AMD Zen supporting motherboards being produced in a Mini ITX form factor?

I would really like to build a mini PC, but i would rather wait and see what happens with AMD rather than buy Intel straight away.

I mean... AMD already has parts in the Mini ITX form factor...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

On 05/01/2017 at 11:18 AM, JefferyD90 said:

I mean... AMD already has parts in the Mini ITX form factor...

Yeah i know they do, but its a very limited range and as far as I can tell non are for the AM3+ chip.

20 hours ago, Dansk_84 said:

Yeah i know they do, but its a very limited range and as far as I can tell non are for the AM3+ chip.

Yea, AMD hasn't made any 9xx series chipset products in like 6 years...  Their new parts the A88X chipset has TONS of nicely packaged stuff.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE