CPU 6850K Stock - Big Problems

I have an Intel I7 6850K together with a Asus X99 Strix Motherboard. I do not plan to overclock. But when I look in the bios it reads that the cpu overclocks to 4.0 Ghz with auto voltage around 1.126v in bios and 1.193v in CPU-Z, if not mistaking. Afraid of the cpu getting to high voltage and me wanting it to be  a lot cooler (under 30C in idle), I decided to turn off Turbo Boost in the bios. But when I do so the computer freezes at the startscreen when I for example reinstalls Windows, but the temperaturs are good (around 25C - 28C). Why do it freezes when the clock is low (3.6) and the vcore from reading in bios is around 1.126 volt. What is happening here? Why does turning of Turbo boost results in a computer that freezes. Have I got a really shitty CPU or what is the problem?

Sorry for my english

Best regards Larsa

Ps. A red and green light is constantly on at the bottom of the motherboard even if the computer is turned off, is something wrong?

2 minutes ago, Stjerta said:

I have an Intel I7 6850K together with a Asus X99 Strix Motherboard. I do not plan to overclock. But when I look in the bios it reads that the cpu overclocks to 4.0 Ghz with auto voltage around 1.126v in bios and 1.193v in CPU-Z, if not mistaking. Afraid of the cpu getting to high voltage and me wanting it to be  a lot cooler (under 30C in idle), I decided to turn off Turbo Boost in the bios. But when I do so the computer freezes at the startscreen when I for example reinstalls Windows, but the temperaturs are good (around 25C - 28C). Why do it freezes when the clock is low (3.6) and the vcore from reading in bios is around 1.126 volt. What is happening here? Why does turning of Turbo boost results in a computer that freezes. Have I got a really shitty CPU or what is the problem?

Sorry for my english

Best regards Larsa

Ps. A red and green light is constantly on at the bottom of the motherboard even if the computer is turned off, is something wrong?

Why not just leave it as it is? Turbo Boost won't even happen unless the CPU is under load so idle temps should be the same.

6 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

Turbo Boost won't even happen unless the CPU is under load

AND in single core mode...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

It does happen on one core that goes to 4Ghz while the others go up to 3.8 Ghz. I have always prefered turbo boost off, but I guess it´s impossible.