AMD FX 9590 @ 5Ghz @78°C

I Started a stress test on my cpu after a few minutes the temp raising 78°C is that normal or too high ?

for colling i juse the kraken  x62

nope that's good, just remember that's a stress test result when you game or do work your cpu won't reach that temp under normal workload.  

That's a little higher than I'd be comfortable with, but the 9590 does run pretty hot so it should be OK. I would make sure you have the cooler attached properly just in case, one time my heatsink wasn't fully attached and temps went up to 85. When I got it attached properly they went all the way down to 35.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

stresstest: HeavyLoad

MB: asus crosshair forumla-z

oh god, way too hot for that. 

if you're seeing those temps in daily duties then you need to downclock or undervolt it. 

in idle its on 37°C - 27°C

only in stress test it raising up to 78°C

Temps after prime 95 and worker 3 stoped working

1.png

I wate for stats from the ryzen and then ich buy ryzen or intel core i5 6600k or higher

1 hour ago, Strike105X said:

Common missconception but Its not actually the 9590 that runs that hot but the heat output of the VRM's.

Wat.  The 9590 has a 220w TDP and can put out 330w under load ( power consumption,  but remember that ~100% of power is transformed into heat).  Even being terribly inefficient,  there's no way the VRM's will match that. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Strike105X said:

It might be a 220w TDP CPU, but temps for that CPU to run efficient are officially 57c given by AMD (to be taken with a grain of salt indeed, but its the official temp), and running it pass 70c can prove detrimental to performance, which Is actually a general rule to FX CPU's. That said its precisely because its a 220w CPU that so much strain is put on the VRM's, look at all cases of fires, in all it was the VRM's that cracked not the CPU, and those things running at over 100c will output a lot of heat.

They only break when you have a cheap board.  Plus,  i wouldn't see how it could affect cpu temps because the block doesn't touch the VRM's ,  and he uses an AIO here, with the radiator far away from the VRM's.  

Plus,  temperature is only heat density.  The energy required to heat an object to 100C miggt only heat something else to 60C. And remember that VRM's are typically 80%+ efficient,  meaning that worse case you have 60w going as heat through the VRM

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case