5820k Overclock Question

Hello LLT fam,

I was just wondering what most people are getting, numbers wise, on overclocks for the 5820k? I have a Corsair 120mm AIO cooler on mine and am think about overclocking it. I use it for gaming right now. But once I get out of the Navy and go back home, I plan on building another PC for gaming alone. So I want to change this 5820k, SLI GTX980 to a video editing workstation. 

Either way, I want to overclock it and was just wondering what kind of numbers most people are seeing from this processor? And yes, I know that all CPUs are different because of mass production. I just want to see where I might see this chip hitting its stable mark.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

It's not going to be a fun time with a 120mm AIO. X99 CPUs kick heat when overclocked. 

I currently sit at 4.7GHz 1.281V But then again my radiator is gigantic. 

HWBOT averages:

Air: 4339MHz

Water: 4525MHz

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

9 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

It's not going to be a fun time with a 120mm AIO. X99 CPUs kick heat when overclocked. 

I currently sit at 4.7GHz 1.281V But then again my radiator is gigantic. 

HWBOT averages:

Air: 4339MHz

Water: 4525MHz

To add to this.  With that small of an AIO, I'd expect an OC more in line with those of air cooling than water cooling.

the 5820k is somewaht similiar to the 6800k that i have, im sitting at 4.2 ghz at 1.390 volt and i peak at 70 and i have to use a 280mm AIO the H110i GT, x99 gets real hot when you oc them, so your 120 is a little weak. If you are swapping out aio look at swiftechs aio, does are high quality and expandable somwaht...

Main Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2- 4.3 ghz 1.390V CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT Motherboard:  Asus x99-E LGA 2011-3 RAM: 32GB DDR4 4 x 8 GB Hyperx Fyru 2133 Mhz Storage: Intel 535 240 GB SSD, Intel 530 240 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TG SSHD  GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC cooled by an NZXT G10 & Intel TS13X running @ 1904/2126mhz and 4475mhz Memory+Stock Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC Case: INWin GR One Power Supply: Corsair HX850i Monitor: Hitach 49" 4k lowms TV and a 24 AOC 1080p Monitor Keyboard:  Corasir Vengance K90 & Logitech G13 Speedpad Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO/G602 on an Icemat 2.0 w/glides :P Speakers: LG LAS455H(D8) Soundbar & Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Edition Headphones

NAS/CS:GO Server

CPU: AMD FX8320 Stock Cooler: Corsair H100i M otherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990 REV 2.0 RAM: 4x4 GB Corsair Vengance Storage: 2 x Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD & 4 X Seagate 2 TB SSHD
GPU: random nvidia 512 mb card PSU: Coolermaster B500 Case: NZXT Phantom S240 Addons: NZXT LXE Fancontrol Intel quad gigabit eterhernet card.

Okay. That makes a lot of sense as to why most people with the x99 are running 240 rads. Lol. I'm one of those people who knows enough to build and setup a PC, but not enough to be 100% comfortable with overclocking just yet. But I want to, that's for sure.

Either way, thank y'all for the advice. I now know that I need to upgrade my cooler, and clean out my hardware/case now that I think about it haha, before I delve into overclocking,