Free Movies App In Microsoft App Store?

There is a free app in the Windows 10 app store called "Free Movies HD" (There are also many other apps) and it has new movies that you can watch. Is it safe to use?

It's called Movie Free. If you get an error message when you click a show or movie, use the green refresh button (may need to try it multiple times - even close the app and try again) then it'll bring up a menu to choose the video's resolution. 

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, VAkena said:

It's called Movie Free. If you get an error message when you click a show or movie, use the green refresh button (may need to try it multiple times - even close the app and try again) then it'll bring up a menu to choose the video's resolution. 

Capture.PNG

Thanks, but are such apps safe and legal to use?

I would have though that kind of thing wouldn't fly with MS, but I guess they needed to compromise on moderating their minuscule app-store for some reason.

The app itself seems to "profit" from ads, hopefully not malicious ones. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Just now, z123killer said:

Well mate, your asking for an app that allows you to watch free movies and possibly television shows that you may have to pay for using Netflix or some other streaming vendor. It may not be illegal but it's morally wrong. 

5 minutes ago, z123killer said:

Safe? Sure, they would likely lose users very rapidly if they weren't. They are just trying to get some ad revenue from the looks of it.

Legal? Nopedy nope, you aren't paying for the movies, and I doubt that the people who made the program were able to convince the big studios that ad revenue would make them money. That probably because they never consulted any studios. It's illegal, plain and simple.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I might try that one on laptop. Usually these kind of services are anything but free. So I can assume ads all the time. Which would make it legal here since its essentially TV station style. 10-20mins of movie, 5mins of ads. If its scam or doesn't pay copyright fees, it will get shutdown fast. MS is looking at apps which get highest download/install counts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv