How do people get such amazing FX-8320 OC results?!

22 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Remove the backpanel as well and test again if you still got those temps then something isnt right with the contact between the cooler and the cpu.

Ran another test for 10 min, both side panels off :)
2017-01-03 11_00_37-Program Manager.png

1 minute ago, Strike105X said:

For mounting the cooler you only need to tighten the screws without forcing them after being completely closed, at least on noctua, you certainly shouldn't loosen them after closing though. Temps are indeed to high.

For the last test, I tightened them again, they kinda bottom out, like kinda hard to turn and then a complete stop, so i left it there for the last test

2 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

For mounting the cooler you only need to tighten the screws without forcing them after being completely closed, at least on noctua, you certainly shouldn't loosen them after closing though. Temps are indeed to high.

So... yeah... I guess there's nothing I can do about it, I assume my CPU is just some of the worst binned ones ever made? lol

4 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

If i where you i would get an after market thermal compound, and reapply it, if temps still are garbage see how the stock cooler handles, you shouldn't be getting this temps with those settings regardless of binning.

Yeah... whenever I can afford it, I'll get an arctic silver paste or something, but Cryorig's CP7 paste should be enough from what I've gathered from this CP7 vs Arctic Silver 5 and this CP7 vs Arctic Silver 5 thread here on the forums. 
And I did run stock cooler after my AIO cooler started sounding like a tractor o.O and the temps were quite high then as well, but i never overclocked in any way with that cooler, and when I was going to install the H7 cooler my CPU was stuck to the heatsink :S so I had to separate them with nail polish remover.. think it was caused by the old pre-applied thermal paste on the stock cooler or something... 

30 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

If i where you i would get an after market thermal compound, and reapply it, if temps still are garbage see how the stock cooler handles, you shouldn't be getting this temps with those settings regardless of binning.

I realised Arctic MX-4 and Noctua NT-H1 were a lot cheaper than I expected, might be able to get me one of those very soon... which would be better though?

2 hours ago, JiMiKi said:

I realised Arctic MX-4 and Noctua NT-H1 were a lot cheaper than I expected, might be able to get me one of those very soon... which would be better though?

EDIT:  ooooops read that as 38c max package temp, lul, your temps are for sure high, i can do 4.4 ghz 1.375 volts on this 8300, and when i had my 6300 i could do 4.8 ghz with 1.4v with my H7 and, be under, or at AMD's 61C recommendation.

When going for higher clocks, the socket will become the issue, and that is coming from the fact that you have no airflow over it. Also i would take that case fan off of your H7 and use it as an exhaust fan because it likely isn't helping where it is. To help with socket temps you could take the fan off of the stock AMD heatsink and ziptie it to the backside of the motherboard socket, it will drop your temps enough that you could get 4.2-4.4 ghz in prime95 depending on voltage. I had the exact same problem with my H7, i settled for 4.2ghz and 1.325 volts. As far as binning goes 8320 and 8350 are very hit or miss, they are most often PGN chips, and like i said these are verrrrrry hit or miss, some will do 5ghz, some will top out at 4.4-4.5 ghz. Now the best bin of chips are the PGS chips those can be found anywhere (i have seen some PGS FX-4100, and 6300, (these are rare)) but are usually these chips: Newer production FX-8300, basically all FX-8320E, FX-8370E, sometimes FX-8370,: and all 9370 and 9590 are PGS chips. Now how do you tell which bin you have? Its on the heatspreader.

Spoiler

amd-fx-8320-fd8320frhkbox-3-5ghz-eight-core-socket-am3-processor-15_Ink_LI.jpg

3 hours ago, Strike105X said:

Whichever is cheaper. Noctua paste should normally be good but i wasn't so lucky with mine, so i still use artic silver 5. But like i said i honestly blame it on bad luck, because otherwise my d15 package was awesome.

Alright, was going with that prio as well x) thanks for all the help man! 

2 hours ago, LeStringMan said:

EDIT:  ooooops read that as 38c max package temp, lul, your temps are for sure high, i can do 4.4 ghz 1.375 volts on this 8300, and when i had my 6300 i could do 4.8 ghz with 1.4v with my H7 and, be under, or at AMD's 61C recommendation.

When going for higher clocks, the socket will become the issue, and that is coming from the fact that you have no airflow over it. Also i would take that case fan off of your H7 and use it as an exhaust fan because it likely isn't helping where it is. To help with socket temps you could take the fan off of the stock AMD heatsink and ziptie it to the backside of the motherboard socket, it will drop your temps enough that you could get 4.2-4.4 ghz in prime95 depending on voltage. I had the exact same problem with my H7, i settled for 4.2ghz and 1.325 volts. As far as binning goes 8320 and 8350 are very hit or miss, they are most often PGN chips, and like i said these are verrrrrry hit or miss, some will do 5ghz, some will top out at 4.4-4.5 ghz. Now the best bin of chips are the PGS chips those can be found anywhere (i have seen some PGS FX-4100, and 6300, (these are rare)) but are usually these chips: Newer production FX-8300, basically all FX-8320E, FX-8370E, sometimes FX-8370,: and all 9370 and 9590 are PGS chips. Now how do you tell which bin you have? Its on the heatspreader.

Hide contents

Yeah... my card won't even do 4.0GHz lol, 4.2-4.4 was my goal in the first place, so reaching that GHz would be awesome... :D  And I can't fit a fan on the back of my MoBo if I ever want a chance in hell to put that case panel back on, which I do prefer. And I am not taking my cooler off yet another time today, ony to check it's binning, as I don't know how much paste is left in the included paste tube, but I did buy my 8320 back in February 2014, so I doubt it's one of the newer bins :( 

2 hours ago, LeStringMan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh... would you look at that, I took a picture of my bare CPU when my old Motherboard fried

Oh, and by the way.... my old MoBo's cpu power connector frying like that... could it affect my temps in any way? I obviously have a new motherboard now, but could it somehow have damaged CPU, causing it to run at higher temps???

Edit: FA 1344PGN is my "bin" or whatever :)

I_MG_20161208_163552.jpg

2 hours ago, JiMiKi said:

Oh... would you look at that, I took a picture of my bare CPU when my old Motherboard fried

Oh, and by the way.... my old MoBo's cpu power connector frying like that... could it affect my temps in any way? I obviously have a new motherboard now, but could it somehow have damaged CPU, causing it to run at higher temps???

Edit: FA 1344PGN is my "bin" or whatever :)

Yea most 8320 are PGN , and i dont know about your temps, they are certainly a little high for the cooler and paste, from my experience. 

3 hours ago, LeStringMan said:

Yea most 8320 are PGN , and i dont know about your temps, they are certainly a little high for the cooler and paste, from my experience. 

Well.. I decided to give up until I get hold of some Arctic MX-4 or Noctua NT-H1 paste and maybe a couple new decent fans, instead of the random ones I have spare from old coolers and cases, and to feel better about my stupid CPU, I now run Aida64 stability tests, where it only goes up to ~61c core/70c socket at 4.0GHz instead of Prime95's 62c/73c at 3.8GHz :D