What router do I get?

hammad1029

So I have a house of  about 275 meters with 2 floors and a big gap(a whole kinda) between both. I am currently using the tp-link tlwr740n and it has served me well since 3-4 years. But now I've changed the setup of my computer along with the router as well to a room(it was in the open before - not in any room). I need a cheapo router under about 30-40$ with the following things in mind:- 

- It needs to have at least 50% more wireless range than the router I'm currently using(tl-wr740n) 
- It needs to be supported by dd-wrt 

The things I would really like to get but will be willing to skip on if I don't have a choice are:- 

- dual or tri band support 
- gigabit lan ports(one will be enough) 
- usb lan port for ftp 

I was thinking about getting the tl-wr940n but it isn't supported by dd-wrt. Anyways, Thanks

1 hour ago, hammad1029 said:

- It needs to be supported by dd-wrt 
The things I would really like to get but will be willing to skip on if I don't have a choice are:- 

- dual or tri band support 
- gigabit lan ports(one will be enough) 
- usb lan port for ftp 

I think you look for something in the 150-200$ range

I cant recommend anything with your wish

5 minutes ago, harry4742 said:

I think you look for something in the 150-200$ range

I cant recommend anything with your wish

I only need a better wireless range than my tlwr740n and want it to be supported by ddwrt, the other things are just things i'd like to have but I dont need them at all

DD-WRT isn't even good software, it's still very buggy. Finding a decent router for $30-40 would be best spent on eBay, because nothing will magically accomplish what you're trying to achieve at that price point.

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!

2 minutes ago, Remix said:

DD-WRT isn't even good software, it's still very buggy. Finding a decent router for $30-40 would be best spent on eBay, because nothing will magically accomplish what you're trying to achieve at that price point.

I just need half more range than my current router and not the things I added(usb port and stuff)

5 minutes ago, hammad1029 said:

I just need half more range than my current router and not the things I added(usb port and stuff)

You may be able to find a TP-Link Archer C7 Used within your price range. No way I can guarantee 50% more coverage.

Perhaps you should look for an Access Point rather than a single router that can provide 50% more coverage. That seems like a better idea.

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!