Shutdown during graphicly intensive usage

ThatGuy1oo1

Everything I run a game or application on my newly built right, my first, it shuts down after about 5-10 minutes. There is a low pitch whirring sound if that means anything, but I'm stumped, I read up on it and it might be a power supply problem but it is a 650 watt evga so I kind of doubt it. Though it could be, I'm asking for some help if you don't mind.

Windows 10 64 bit

Xfx TX 470 4GB

8 GB of RAM

1 TB WD hard drive

Gigabyte motherboard

I3 6100

Decent case off of Newegg

650 watt evga psu

Anything else just ask in a reply.

UPDATE: I downloaded FurMark, and I ran the 1080p test, and my computer stabilized at 73°c for my GPU and my CPU at 32c, the screen went dark and I thought it crashed again, surprise, it never actually crashed, the computer was still running, it just wasn't displaying images. Anyone able to help with this?

Is the graphics card overclocked? 

Usually if the card is overclocked too far it can crash and cease to display image to the monitor. This is temporary and can be fixed with a restart, that is if it does not fix its self without. But usually all that happens is the program will crash/close. 

What to do (not in order, but do them all):

1. Check that the computer is definitely shutting down, rather than the graphics card not showing any image.

2. Make sure you are up to date on graphics drivers.

3. Monitor your temperatures while doing graphically intensive tasks, to check that nothing is overheating (cpu and gpu). To do this I recommend NZXT Cam. 

https://camwebapp.com/

I was playing a game with cam open, my Temps were completely fine, 50 Celsius for my GPU and 34 Celsius for my CPU, it crashed.