DIY Desk PC Planning - Help!

Hello!

My name is Govind Joshi, and I'm a 15 year old from Texas, USA. I was astonished by the desk PC build log, for it seemed like a very innovative idea! Therefore, I would like to recreate the project, with a few changes suited to my own needs. The 2 major changes are to the shape of the desk, and the lack of water cooling. I have attached the blueprints I created for this build, and I have just a few questions for you. How would I supply power to the fans on either side of the table?  One thing to keep in mind is that I will be using the Silverstone Fan Hub. Secondly, is water cooling necessary for a custom build like this one? I am not going to overclock, and it'll just be an everyday use PC with gaming on the weekends. Also, I'm not familiar with using LED Strips; the only ones I found had to be plugged into the wall. I'm sure there are strips that plug into the motherboard itself, so do you have any recommendations? Lastly, Are there any big problems with my current plan? Feel free to point out anything you'd like! One final question I have, is that is it possible to get personal sponsorship from corporations for something like this? What is the process for applying for sponsorships? I know for a fact intel isn't gonna send me an i7 6950x, but I would like to at least try to approach these companies. I would be more than happy to "spread word" about the companies and their products, but the only people who will listen are maybe the 6 other tech nerds I know of from my school. Thank you for reading through this, and any reply will be greatly appreciated!

Blueprints.jpg

8 hours ago, govindjoshi said:

Hello!

My name is Govind Joshi, and I'm a 15 year old from Texas, USA. I was astonished by the desk PC build log, for it seemed like a very innovative idea! Therefore, I would like to recreate the project, with a few changes suited to my own needs. The 2 major changes are to the shape of the desk, and the lack of water cooling. I have attached the blueprints I created for this build, and I have just a few questions for you. How would I supply power to the fans on either side of the table?  One thing to keep in mind is that I will be using the Silverstone Fan Hub. Secondly, is water cooling necessary for a custom build like this one? I am not going to overclock, and it'll just be an everyday use PC with gaming on the weekends. Also, I'm not familiar with using LED Strips; the only ones I found had to be plugged into the wall. I'm sure there are strips that plug into the motherboard itself, so do you have any recommendations? Lastly, Are there any big problems with my current plan? Feel free to point out anything you'd like! One final question I have, is that is it possible to get personal sponsorship from corporations for something like this? What is the process for applying for sponsorships? I know for a fact intel isn't gonna send me an i7 6950x, but I would like to at least try to approach these companies. I would be more than happy to "spread word" about the companies and their products, but the only people who will listen are maybe the 6 other tech nerds I know of from my school. Thank you for reading through this, and any reply will be greatly appreciated!

Blueprints.jpg

Call the companies or email them but you may have to get a parent or guardian to do that and have a 3d model

Sketchup

Solidworks

Etc.

7 hours ago, HeroXLazer said:

Call the companies or email them but you may have to get a parent or guardian to do that and have a 3d model

Sketchup

Solidworks

Etc.

Unless you have an audience the only people that will send you stuff are startups. And you really trust adil legs to hold this thing up?

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

G-Skill Trident z RGB 32gb 3200mhz

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

Gigabyte WiFi and Bluetooth Card

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans

NZXT Hue

9 hours ago, HeroXLazer said:

Sketchup

Solidworks

Etc.

I have experience working with Autodesk Inventor. Only a little more than a basics, but I'll see what I can do. Never too late learn.

2 hours ago, Zolfe said:

Unless you have an audience the only people that will send you stuff are startups. And you really trust adil legs to hold this thing up?

Do you have better suggestions for the legs? I mean Linus used MDF board and glue and it worked, so I thought that cheap IKEA legs would be enough.

1 hour ago, govindjoshi said:

I have experience working with Autodesk Inventor. Only a little more than a basics, but I'll see what I can do. Never too late learn.

Do you have better suggestions for the legs? I mean Linus used MDF board and glue and it worked, so I thought that cheap IKEA legs would be enough.

If you're going to want sponsors use nice materials and tell them what materials you're going to use.

15 hours ago, govindjoshi said:

You make the legs

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans

NZXT Hue

4 minutes ago, Zolfe said:

You make the legs

And i have never seen a desk pc without water cooling good luck this is something new I guess.

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans

NZXT Hue

17 hours ago, Zolfe said:

You make the legs

I am honestly a complete beginner to carpenting. This project will be like an intro to woodworking for me. Care to share some insight on how to make sturdy legs? Also, the only way I seen perpendicular edges joined is by those little wooden pellets in Ikea. I'm sure there's a better, more secure way, but I don't know it. Have any thoughts on that too?

I recently made a desk PC and although I used an AIO CPU cooler I think it's doable to air cool such system.

As for the sponsorship - good luck with it... I've been doing YT videos for over a year now and even with a few thousands subs most of my emails to PR people at various companies remain unanswered... :/

Anywho... here's my take on a desk PC. Just keep in mind that I'm over twice your age so glass tops and RGB lighting isn't my kind of aesthetics ;) 

41 minutes ago, zbeegniev said:

I recently made a desk PC and although I used an AIO CPU cooler I think it's doable to air cool such system.

As for the sponsorship - good luck with it... I've been doing YT videos for over a year now and even with a few thousands subs most of my emails to PR people at various companies remain unanswered... :/

Anywho... here's my take on a desk PC. Just keep in mind that I'm over twice your age so glass tops and RGB lighting isn't my kind of aesthetics ;) 

Yep I said the same thing people that get sponsorships are normally at least 18 by law because you have to sign a contract so you must be 18 and usually have a following but nice desk

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans

NZXT Hue

But to the op just build a pc don't bother with putting it in a desk because you said you have no experience with carpentry so if the desk can hold up there goes your money and desk pc are usually for aesthetic purposes and are usually water cooled 

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans