Fashion!

Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,
6 hours ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

Is it bad to wear a suit or dress with a pair of Vans or Converse shoes?

A Suit? Yes, most definitely bad. If you're gonna wear a suit, get some nice slick dress shoes (There are hundreds of styles to choose from).

Wearing them with dress pants and a more casual shirt (Polo or button down long sleeve non-dress shirt, etc) would be fine however.

It entirely depends on the dress code. Why are you wearing what you're wearing? If the dress code is Semi-Formal or Formal, then wear dress shoes. If the dress code is business-formal or business semi-formal, again, wear dress shoes. If the dress code is business casual, then you could get away with Vans or Converse if the shoes fit the specific dress code themselves (Eg: I could wear either at work, as long as they were all black).

Yes.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

1 hour ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

Maybe? 

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

If you got the all black vans or something then maybe it wouldn't be that bad (still not the best idea), but for the most part, just no.

6 hours ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

A Suit? Yes, most definitely bad. If you're gonna wear a suit, get some nice slick dress shoes (There are hundreds of styles to choose from).

Wearing them with dress pants and a more casual shirt (Polo or button down long sleeve non-dress shirt, etc) would be fine however.

It entirely depends on the dress code. Why are you wearing what you're wearing? If the dress code is Semi-Formal or Formal, then wear dress shoes. If the dress code is business-formal or business semi-formal, again, wear dress shoes. If the dress code is business casual, then you could get away with Vans or Converse if the shoes fit the specific dress code themselves (Eg: I could wear either at work, as long as they were all black).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Oh I forgot to mention - since you did say "dress" and not "dress pants" in the original post (and since Vans/Converse are unisex - and even if they weren't, fashion is how you personally define it), I will make a slight addition:

As long as you're not going somewhere with a formal/semi-formal dress code, then a Dress + vans or Converse is totally fine. No idea if it looks good, but there's no social code against such a combination. Especially if it's a more casual dress like a sundress.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Oh I forgot to mention - since you did say "dress" and not "dress pants" in the original post (and since Vans/Converse are unisex - and even if they weren't, fashion is how you personally define it), I will make a slight addition:

As long as you're not going somewhere with a formal/semi-formal dress code, then a Dress + vans or Converse is totally fine. No idea if it looks good, but there's no social code against such a combination. Especially if it's a more casual dress like a sundress.

Thank you very much for your responses.