Acronis Clone Tool - Move OS to 960 Pro

ShadowWolf810

So my shiny new 960 Pro just showed up in the mail today, even though I pre-ordered it from Newegg Nov. 1, which was 2 weeks before the release date and ended up waiting 2 months for it to show up because apparently Newegg can't count their inventory or Samsung didn't send out any, but I digress. 

I'm trying to use Acronis True Image WD edition to clone my operating system from my current Samsung 840 Evo to the 960 Pro. I select the source and destination drives, follow the prompts and it asks to restart the system so I do. Then the Acronis utility opens and gets stuck on "Preparing..." and eventually comes up and says that one of my removable storage devices may not have started, and that I can either wait for it to startup or ignore it and continue. The first time I tried it I tried waiting but it just keeps coming up with the same dialogue box for minutes. I've unplugged all my other removable devices, except one. I have an external USB WD drive, which has to be plugged into the computer for the free WD edition of Acronis to run. If I click ignore the system just restarts like normal. 

What should I do? 

1 hour ago, dbzgod said:

Samsung has their own cloning software for their SSD's as well as a better drivers over the default one windows has build it give them a try.

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

My 960 EVO is going in the mail next week can't wait!

Thats actually what I ended up going with was the Samsung Data Migration one. I kind of just wanted to figure out why the Acronis one wasn't working because of the principle of the thing lol. 

Congrats, the 960 is a huge step up for me! 

960.png