Ryzen

Go to solution Solved by typographie,
1 hour ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Of course if the 8 core was priced around the same price as the 6700K, that would be great but I doubt it. 

Maybe this is unrealistic, but I think it needs to be quite a bit cheaper than a 6700K. I don't think anyone will be impressed by a 4-core/8-thread CPU with Haswell/Broadwell IPC for too close a price to a 4-core/8-thread CPU with Skylake/Kaby Lake IPC. They will have more or less caught up, and that's great, but that alone isn't a reason to switch. I think that product needs to be priced somewhere between the 6600K and 6700 to be the launch everyone seems to be hoping for.

I can't seem to find any news on the 4 core 8 thread processors that I'm hoping for, anyone know of any engineering samples? Thanks.

I haven't heard of any. I'm hoping they will make lower end CPU's and not just 8 cores CPU's. Not everybody needs an 8 core. 

I know, but it kills me not knowing anything. I just don't want to buy intel

No news since they released that video featuring the ceo and how awesome AMD thinks they are

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, Luke D said:

You will have to wait then.

I'm going to guess the 4 core 8 thread will compete with i5's (and probably lose by a small percentage in games and win in multithreaded applications).

You can't go wrong buying Intel. Even if AMD knocks it out of the park, Intel will be relevant and competitive

26 minutes ago, Luke D said:

I'm pretty sure you mean that you want to buy Intel, but don't agree with those prices.

I feel you man. Waiting here for more news and acctual benchmarks from Linus and other great youtubers. Then I will decide if it's worth to buy Zen. If not, I will just go ahead and buy myself i7 6800k.

I realy hope that Zen will bring us those variants:

-4 core CPU

-4 Core / 8 threads

-6core/12threads

-8core/16threads (for that one we already know)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

12 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I'm pretty sure you mean that you want to buy Intel, but don't agree with those prices.

I feel you man. Waiting here for more news and acctual benchmarks from Linus and other great youtubers. Then I will decide if it's worth to buy Zen. If not, I will just go ahead and buy myself i7 6800k.

I realy hope that Zen will bring us those variants:

-4 core CPU

-4 Core / 8 threads

-6core/12threads

-8core/16threads (for that one we already know)

Yeah, pretty much Im using a laptop for now untill Zen with a 6700hq in it and a 950m. I'll be getting a full AMD rig if it's under £700 with a monitor for 1080p

I hope amd makes a dual core hyperthreaded cpu that overclocks like crazy. Kinda like the pentium g3258 but with hyperthreading.

Anyways hopefully amd zen is competitive enough on the market to at least bring intels prices down.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ryzen, mostly because I'll save a lot of cash going with that rather than Skylake-E later this year. So I guess my optimism can be construed as wishful thinking.

I won't make a single move until I read at least 10-20 benchmarks all showing Ryzen 8 core to have Haswell/Broadwell IPC or better, with the multithreaded performance of the i7 6900K.

If Ryzen does not meet those targets, Skylake-E I go.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

The lineup is this: 

1) AMD SR3 which will be either 2C/4T or 4C/4T

2) SR5 which will be either a 4C/8T or a 6C/12T

3) SR7 which will be a 8C/16T

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

19 minutes ago, Phentos said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ryzen, mostly because I'll save a lot of cash going with that rather than Skylake-E later this year. So I guess my optimism can be construed as wishful thinking.

I won't make a single move until I read at least 10-20 benchmarks all showing Ryzen 8 core to have Haswell/Broadwell IPC or better, with the multithreaded performance of the i7 6900K.

If Ryzen does not meet those targets, Skylake-E I go.

If ryzen does not live up to the hype im getting a i7-2700k and OC it to 4.5ghz(hopefully).

1 hour ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Of course if the 8 core was priced around the same price as the 6700K, that would be great but I doubt it. 

Maybe this is unrealistic, but I think it needs to be quite a bit cheaper than a 6700K. I don't think anyone will be impressed by a 4-core/8-thread CPU with Haswell/Broadwell IPC for too close a price to a 4-core/8-thread CPU with Skylake/Kaby Lake IPC. They will have more or less caught up, and that's great, but that alone isn't a reason to switch. I think that product needs to be priced somewhere between the 6600K and 6700 to be the launch everyone seems to be hoping for.

On 30. 12. 2016 at 4:00 PM, typographie said:

Yeah, if they want to impact CPU market they need CPU with i7 6700k "like" performance but 20% cheaper.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB