best high end microphone

patriciadiaz1919

what are the best high end microphone for studio and home ones that work for podcast and musicians and vocals i use xrl audio interface i got thsese two and i got 

Rode NT1KIT Condenser Microphone Cardioid vs Shure SM7B Vocal Dynamic Microphone, Cardioid i use avid pro tools or for voice over singer

2 minutes ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

what are the best high end microphone for studio and home ones that work for podcast and musicians and vocals i use xrl audio interface? 

so you don't have a budget? I could find you a great mic for 10k

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

The Shure SM7B sounds amazing for sure, and its worth the money completely, but I haven't heard the rode before to be able to compare 

4 minutes ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

what are the best high end microphone for studio and home ones that work for podcast and musicians and vocals i use xrl audio interface i got thsese two? 

Rode NT1KIT Condenser Microphone Cardioid and Shure SM7B Vocal Dynamic Microphone, Cardioid

There are different mics for different applications.

• For vocals, I recommend something like the Shure SM58.  One of the best, not too expensive ($100 range) and is considered one of the industry standards.
  • Podcast, there are different types of mics you can use.  Large condenser, shotgun, lav lapel mic, etc.
  • The 2 mics you have should be enough for your needs, which I'm not 100% certain.

Just because you buy a very high end high quality mic does not mean you will get good quality audio.  A mic is just part of the audio chain that captures audio.  You will need to pair a high end mic with a high end or very good audio interface/mixer/DAW with very good preamps.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

The 'best' microphone for studio vocals is probably not the 'best' for podcasting.

You probably cant go wrong with an SM58 for vocals (although I'm sure there are studio rats who can tell me a million reasons why there are better.)

For an 'all in one' approach you might consider the Yeti Pro.

5 minutes ago, ThomasD said:

The 'best' microphone for studio vocals is probably not the 'best' for podcasting.

You probably cant go wrong with an SM58 for vocals (although I'm sure there are studio rats who can tell me a million reasons why there are better.)

For an 'all in one' approach you might consider the Yeti Pro.

Or what the OP has is already enough.  We have no idea whether he/she will use the mics for hobbyist use or actual professional production use.  We don't know whether the OP is just going to use the mics for a YouTube channel or is actually the next Shakira.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Or what the OP has is already enough.  We have no idea whether he/she will use the mics for hobbyist use or actual professional production use.

i use avid pro tools or for voice over singer

1 minute ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Or what the OP has is already enough.  We have no idea whether he/she will use the mics for hobbyist use or actual professional production use.

Oh I think we have a pretty good idea that this is not actual pro use.  Might be wrong, but the odds are with me.

If he's looking for input from actual pros I'd suggest here:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?forums/recording-live-sound.21/

4 minutes ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

i use avid pro tools or for voice over singer

Well how does your voice sound?  I sort of have worked with audio production and I have my own preferences for various types of mics suitable for different voices.

For example, if you have something like a warm, rich, soprano type of voice I recommend a mic like the Rode NTR Active Ribbon mic.  It costs around $600.  If you have a strong voice like Tina Turner, the SM58 or Shure Beta 58A.

It also depends on the type of songs you sing.

Edited by AkiraDaarkst

6 minutes ago, ThomasD said:

GearSlutz is another good site to ask about audio equipment.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/

5 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Well how does your voice sound?  I sort of have worked with audio production and I have my own preferences for various types of mics suitable for different voices.

For example, if you have something like a warm, rich, soprano type of voice I recommend a mic like the Rode NTR Active Ribbon mic.  It costs around $600.  If you have a strong voice like Tina Turner, the SM58 or Shure Beta 58A.

It also depends on the type of songs you sing.

i got maybe both i know i have deep voice and maybe sqeeky

2 minutes ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

i got maybe both i know i have deep voice and maybe sqeeky

Can we hear a sample?