What would i do if my aio leaked?

jcuhnoio
Go to solution Solved by vK 3 1 RON,

If it does leak, make sure you immediately turn it off via the wall socket (if near it) or the power supply, or whichever way you can turn it off easiest and quickest. Don't bother saving work because it's probably not worth the entire computer dying. Get some paper towels, try to pat them on the areas where the water has leaked and try to get rid of as much as possible. Take out your GPU, CPU, AIO, RAM, PSU, Hard Drives etc maybe the motherboard too as a matter of fact and let them dry out for a long time, maybe 2 days to be safe, I'd probably do around 48 hours - 72 hours depending on how severe it was, also make sure to inspect the mobo, CPU, GPU etc for any black marks where an electric current may have passed through the liquid and zapped it. After waiting for them to dry out re-install them and pray that it works. But you have to understand that this is the risk people with AIOs take, there will always be leaks because nothing is 100% safe. But it's just luck, pray that you aren't that one in a thousand to have a leak.

My apologies if this is incorrect information, please don't absolutely roast me if I'm being an idiot,

Thanks

vK

Some ppl reported leaks on deepcool aios, so I'm kinda paranoid now. 

If it does leak, make sure you immediately turn it off via the wall socket (if near it) or the power supply, or whichever way you can turn it off easiest and quickest. Don't bother saving work because it's probably not worth the entire computer dying. Get some paper towels, try to pat them on the areas where the water has leaked and try to get rid of as much as possible. Take out your GPU, CPU, AIO, RAM, PSU, Hard Drives etc maybe the motherboard too as a matter of fact and let them dry out for a long time, maybe 2 days to be safe, I'd probably do around 48 hours - 72 hours depending on how severe it was, also make sure to inspect the mobo, CPU, GPU etc for any black marks where an electric current may have passed through the liquid and zapped it. After waiting for them to dry out re-install them and pray that it works. But you have to understand that this is the risk people with AIOs take, there will always be leaks because nothing is 100% safe. But it's just luck, pray that you aren't that one in a thousand to have a leak.

My apologies if this is incorrect information, please don't absolutely roast me if I'm being an idiot,

Thanks

vK

17 minutes ago, jcuhnoio said:

Some ppl reported leaks on deepcool aios, so I'm kinda paranoid now. 

just turn everything off, take the psu cable out and dry everything thoroughly.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Take pictures before you start pulling stuff out though, depending upon the brand you may well get the manufacture of the AIO to replace any parts damaged by the AIO leaking as well. I know of at least one case where Corsair built someone an entirely new system because the AIO leaked.

Cry and wish you'd listened to me when I told you to buy an air cooler. ;)

This is why I never recommend an AIO. Leaks are rare, but they CAN happen. If you are in this for the aesthetics, go custom... done right, they have far less chance of leaking due to the quality of components used, which no matter what anyone says FAR exceeds those used in mass produced AIOs. If you can't afford it, save up. You will then have something that looks FAR nicer and actually performs. AIOs aren't much better in the performance stakes than air coolers, which don't leak. Ever. :)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti