elder scrolls install help

i just bought the elder scrolls anthology and im trying to install the games with the disks, but steam keeps wanting to download the files anyways.

is there a way to install from the disk straight to steam? or do i have to download the games (internet is .13 mb down and will take a month) or just install to desktop and play from disk (not ideal)

has anybody had this same problem? or figured it out ?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

i just bought the elder scrolls anthology and im trying to install the games with the disks, but steam keeps wanting to download the files anyways.

is there a way to install from the disk straight to steam? or do i have to download the games (internet is .13 mb down and will take a month) or just install to desktop and play from disk (not ideal)

has anybody had this same problem? or figured it out ?

Download it off of steam it'll have the updates and take the pain out of a bunch of things.

I realize your internet is slow is there somewhere else u can go

I realize your internet is slow is there somewhere else u can go

all i want is most of the game to be install with the disks, update dont take the long but the whole game will take forever,

and no this is the best internet speed this country (sierra leone) has to offer

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

all i want is most of the game to be install with the disks, update dont take the long but the whole game will take forever,

and no this is the best internet speed this country (sierra leone) has to offer

You got a Titan and that's your internet....

You got a Titan and that's your internet.... 

the irony right

I remember this happening when I tried to install Skyrim off the disc on launch day.

When Steam starts downloading, right click on the game in your library and delete local content.

Insert the disc onto your computer. Exit steam.

Open the "Run" dialogue on Windows (Win+R).

Type in "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Press OK. Steam should launch and begin installing from the disc.

Get the correct path for your Steam application, and change E drive to your disc drive. Make sure you update the game after the disc install before playing.

This method will work for any retail game disc that is also available on Steam. It will not work for non-Steam games or games backed up manually off Steam.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

the irony right

its not really irony its just really sad.

i hope its because the internet at high speeds isnt availible in your area. i wuld rather have a 270x and awesome internet>titan

its not really irony its just really sad.

i hope its because the internet at high speeds isnt availible in your area. i wuld rather have a 270x and awesome internet>titan

It's Western Africa , this is the fastest Internet