Phone Choices

Paperboat

Should I wait for the Galaxy s4, Galaxy Note 3 or the Iphone 5s?

Being an iPhone person, I can't wait to get my hands on the GS4.

In terms of what you should get is up to which ecosystem you want to be apart of and how big of a screen you want. The Note III is still a ways away from being released. The iPhone 5S will most likely be a predictably-updated version of the 5, meaning a faster processor and a better camera, whereas the GS4 offers much more in terms of software features and customization. Oh, and a larger screen :D.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3600MHz, MOBO: ASRock X570M, GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER (Corsair H100x cooling), SSD 1: Corsair Force MP510 240GB, SSD 2: Patriot VPN100 1TB, OS: Windows 10 Professional x64, CASE: Open air test bench

I have used a iPhone 5 and GS3 quite extensively and I much prefer the GS3. Basically, if your a techie (which you probably are since your on the forums) go for Android if not, go iOS.

Welcome to the forums!

"An Excellent Signature"

If you want something that just works and has a simple user interface, then get the iPhone 5/s. If you want a phone with better performance per dollar ratio, then get the GS3/GS4.

I have used a iPhone 5 and GS3 quite extensively and I much prefer the GS3. Basically' date=' if your a techie (which you probably are since your on the forums) go for Android if not, go iOS. Welcome to the forums![/quote']

Same. I had a GS3 to review for my website last August, and I loved it, although it was a tad bit too big. But I'm starting to grow tired of my iPhone's tiny screen.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3600MHz, MOBO: ASRock X570M, GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER (Corsair H100x cooling), SSD 1: Corsair Force MP510 240GB, SSD 2: Patriot VPN100 1TB, OS: Windows 10 Professional x64, CASE: Open air test bench

why not the htc one?
The HTC one sounds pretty good so far in my research, really good reviews

In my honest opinion, I do think the only two phones worth their price tag is the HTC One, and the iPhone It looks and feels like a premium product.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

I am waiting for the HTC One to be released here in little old New Zealand

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at the getting the motorola rarz m - about the same size as the iphone 5 but android

Its all about those volumetric clouds

• 2 weeks later...

The Note 3 if you want a big screen and the htc one if you want a phone right now

• 4 weeks later...

I personally would go for the GS4 because from experience I don't like the lack of customization of the iOS, the lack of good apps on the Blackberry and Windows Phone and Sense UI did not satisfy me. This doesn't mean I am choosing GS4 because I am out of options. I love the Touch Wiz interface. I love the apps people call bloatware. I especially love the Samsung calender widget. I also love the hard Button placements as opposed to HTC's soft menu button.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

If I was going to buy a new phone, my eye was on the Nexus 4 but now it's completely on the HTC One.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I am waiting for the HTC One to be released here in little old New Zealand

Same -.-

Cacti, not cactuses. 

I would wait to see if they release a slotted HTC One so you can expand your memory. If not then it would still be one vs gs4 in my books.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

worth their price tag

The S3's price was down to as little as 425€ within a 3 or 4 months. If you don't have to have the S4 on day one, then it will be the better deal.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.