Choosing a Motherboard for a 6700k

Get the ASUS. They're all the same really, but I've never had any software issues with ASUS boards.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

1 minute ago, Noirgheos said:

Get the ASUS. They're all the same really, but I've never had any software issues with ASUS boards.

Agree, ASUS have some pretty dam good motherboards

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

I find that you can never go wrong with MSI motherboards

I've heard the opposite of Asus motherboards in the past good while now

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

18 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

I find that you can never go wrong with MSI motherboards

I've heard the opposite of Asus motherboards in the past good while now

Sure you aren't just trying to justify your purchase? MSI is by no means bad, but its common knowledge ASUS' QC is better.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

59 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

Sure you aren't just trying to justify your purchase? MSI is by no means bad, but its common knowledge ASUS' QC is better.

Not sure why I'd be trying to justify my purchase.

And I'm going off of what I've seen users here saying, how Asus has been really losing it, them even intentionally damaging RMA'd motherboards and claiming the owners of them caused it.

And from what I've heard some here, and some tech youtubers talking about the X99 platform motherboards from Asus is lately they've been more unstable than other X99 motherboards

2 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

Not sure why I'd be trying to justify my purchase.

And I'm going off of what I've seen users here saying, how Asus has been really losing it, them even intentionally damaging RMA'd motherboards and claiming the owners of them caused it.

And from what I've heard some here, and some tech youtubers talking about the X99 platform motherboards from Asus is lately they've been more unstable than other X99 motherboards

Intentionally damaging motherboards? I'm sorry, but the day I believe that is the day I'll have more than a million in the bank... never. I'm not going to take the word of a (supposedly) butthurt customer over that of a company.

About X99, that is true, at least with the earlier boards. Its simple, just don't buy ASUS for X99. For Z170, they've been nothing short of great.

3 hours ago, Noirgheos said:

Intentionally damaging motherboards? I'm sorry, but the day I believe that is the day I'll have more than a million in the bank... never. I'm not going to take the word of a (supposedly) butthurt customer over that of a company.

About X99, that is true, at least with the earlier boards. Its simple, just don't buy ASUS for X99. For Z170, they've been nothing short of great.

you better not be calling me a butthurt customer, considering I've never owned an Asus motherboard. Just reporting horror stories I've seen people here say

5 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

you better not be calling me a butthurt customer, considering I've never owned an Asus motherboard. Just reporting horror stories I've seen people here say

Look anywhere and you'll find horror stories about any manufacturer.