Looking for tablet under $250

Nineshadow

A relative of mine currently has an aging Galaxy Tab 10.1 (first gen), and it's getting really really slow. It's time for an upgrade.

The tablet will be mostly used for browsing the web and Facebook, playing casual games and watching movies. The emphasis is definitely on the multimedia experience though.

Suggestions?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

USD$250? the Nvidia shield should be around USD$200. Its great and it plays doom3 & GTA SA. It also has a HDMI port to display on TV. It does not have the screen resolution of the ipad mini 2 which might be around your price range.

I had a galaxy tab 3 and I have nothing good to say about that design

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Do you want a windows or android tablet?

I am using right now an Asus Tranformer T100, costs about $100-$150

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

USD$250? the Nvidia shield should be around USD$200. Its great and it plays doom3 & GTA SA. It also has a HDMI port to display on TV. It does not have the screen resolution of the ipad mini 2 which might be around your price range.

I had a galaxy tab 3 and I have nothing good to say about that design

I can't find the Nvidia Shield where I live. I thought about it at first as well, but eh, not an option.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

3 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

I can't find the Nvidia Shield where I live. I thought about it at first as well, but eh, not an option.

try amazon.co.uk. if i can get one in NZ then you should be able to get it in romania

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

7 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

try amazon.co.uk. if i can get one in NZ then you should be able to get it in romania

I would rather not bother with Amazon.