Opinion on Wireless Peripherals

chris nguyuen

What do you think?

Anyone have any experience with them?

I am curious about getting one and i'm aware of lag issues and battery issues but I would assume manufacturers would try and overcome them the best way possible.

I had a wireless headset. Worked very solid. It's a Logitech H600

No issues or complaint

Bought a G602 for my HTPC (sitting about 15 Feet away from the receiver) and havent experienced any lag. And just cause I was curious I used it on my main PC for a csgo comp and I liked it a lot without any issues compared to my wired mouse.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Ahridesus said:

What do you think?

Anyone have any experience with them?

I am curious about getting one and i'm aware of lag issues and battery issues but I would assume manufacturers would try and overcome them the best way possible.

Wired mouse and keyboard, always the best. Works fine, always the SAME feeling,

With a wireless mouse, batterie becomes under half load , mouse becomes not feeling the same etc....

I dont recommand wireless stuff for a hardcore gamer.

But casual gamer will not see any difference

I hear they have extremely bad security issues. I watched a talk for Defcon recently and some guy took a look under the hood and they seem like easy targets for attack. 

But I mean if you're not interested in the security issues, they seem fine. 

9 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

I hear they have extremely bad security issues. I watched a talk for Defcon recently and some guy took a look under the hood and they seem like easy targets for attack. 

But I mean if you're not interested in the security issues, they seem fine. 

Well I mean unless I'm using my pc my keyboard and mouse will probably off to save battery. 

I use a wireless headset, mouse and keyboard and have no real issues with them. The mouse and keyboard act up from time to time but that is because their batteries are pretty much dead and I'm just too lazy to replace them. My keyboard and mouse are both office brand and not meant for gaming but they work just fine in games. I honestly notice no difference going to higher end gaming peripherals. I prefer the wireless so that I can lay in bed and still control the computer. Would be nice to have a USB cable to tie into for power when at the computer though.

The wireless headset has good range and sounds very good though I bought it used so I think its battery may be on the way out. It doesn't seem to last as long as it was advertised to.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit