My PC won't start after cleaning

1 minute ago, Saltyroast said:

How do I reset the cmos battery?

Remove the cmos battery, There is a clip you can push in and battery should pop out. Wait 5 min then put it back in.

Also next time don't bother with that canned air stuff. If you can use a shopvac on blower mode, this way there is no risk of damage to components. (NOT VACUUM MODE.) (That myth about fan spinning to fast causes voltage to go into the board is complete crap, ive done this for years and not once has it broken hardware.)

1 minute ago, Saltyroast said:

How do I reset the cmos battery?

it looks like a watch battery towards the lower right side of the motherboard, theres a clip holding it in place. pull that out and dont put it back in for a couple minutes then try booting

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Ok got a stick of ram out and Currently taking out the GPU but it won't come out of the latch. I unscrewed it and detached the cable. Where is the cmos reset on this board?

image.jpg

To remove the GPU, you need to push on a little latch at the back end of the PCIe slot. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

To remove the GPU, you need to push on a little latch at the back end of the PCIe slot. 

I know it the blue thing but do I pull it down or push it up? Neither seems to be working

image.jpg

Update: GPU removed and found the CMOS battery. How do I get it out to reset it?

image.jpg

That little metal tab on the right, push it further right and battery should pop out from the right side at least. Then lift it out

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Update 3: she's up and running again but making a strange sound. I think it's the fan though. Tested the GPU and ram and looks like nothing shorted out 

image.jpg

May have spoke too soon, computer is running but display is frozen. GPU a might actually be broken. It ran through some boot screens though without an issue though. Or is that just the cpu display?

image.jpg

If by "cpu display" you mean the integrated graphics in cpu, shouldn't be that if you have the monitor hooked up to the video output on graphics card and not on the mobo. Speaking of, you could try hooking up the monitor to the mobo instead of the gfx card to see if the freezing is caused by the gfx card. Take out the gfx card to test that way

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Everything is up and running folks. Thank you so much for your help. I love the LTT community! Merry Christmas to you all! Now I will proceed to drain my wallet with all the steam sales :P

4 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

let it dry out with a hairdryer or heatgun

are you nuts? a heat source to dry out an alcohol spill?

18 hours ago, UrdnotGrunt said:

are you nuts? a heat source to dry out an alcohol spill?

it's not an actual fire so it's fine. I've done it many times 

Hello

17 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

it's not an actual fire so it's fine. I've done it many times 

You realize how hot heat guns get, right? 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

21 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You realize how hot heat guns get, right? 

I have a temp controllable heatgun

Hello