Deciding on an SSD

Hey guys, I'm currently running my PC with 2 separate hdd's. a 500MB WD Blue at the front with windows and softwares and a later added 1TB WD Black for all my movies/shows/gaming and whatnot.

Recently I realized for windows 10 the WD Blue wasn't cutting it and there were plenty times I noticed disk activity at 100% and slow response due to the older drive. 

Here is when I decided to get an ssd for around 40-60 USD at 120-128GB capacity. After looking around I realized I'm not an expert at this and a budget SSd can be hard to decide on in terms of performance.

I'm aware that almost any ssd is a huge upgrade from the WD Blue HDD but I would like to ask for some help in which ssd would fit my needs. Just to run windows and my program files like steam or chrome.

My Top pick right now is the ADAT Premier Pro SF900 and the SF550 versions.

500MB HDD? No wonder you need to upgrade.

Jokes aside, you should be able to pick up an older Samsung 750 evo with that budget.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Are you sure 128 is enough? I got one for the same reason, and I totally wish I got a 256.

Computers r fun

A while back, I got a Kingston SSD Now 300V upgrade kit, 240GB, for $40 on Amazon. It was the whole kit, so it included molex to SATA, SATA cable, mounting bracket, and drive cloning software. I'm still using that drive daily, so I would recommend one.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

128 GB is enough for your OS and your apps, but that's about it. However I would look into seeing how large your C:\Users folder is. If you put a bulk of your data in your user's folder, then chances are 128GB won't be enough. There are ways to move it over though.