IOBIT Driver booster and driver disk

Justux204

I Am just wondering is it safe to use iobit driver booster?  I was using it on my old laptop nothing happens, now i was using on my new pc, nothing happens but i uninstalled it. Just wanna know if you use it and what is your experience with this program. Next question if i try to instal drivers from disk that came with mb and gpu, will windows try to find newer version of this driver? And the last question what drivers pc needs? I know i should download them from manufacturer page but some times looks like manufacture page drivers are outdated.

Don't use it.

Windows automatictly updates and installes drivers, if you install your won they won't be touched..

Normally, I just install windows or linux, and only install drivers that are missing. For example, if the ethernet card is working, I don't touch it.

GPU drivers are also automatically installed in windows.

1) Don't, those driver booster things will most likely install some drivers from unknown sources and kill what already seems a dying pc. I used it and you should avoid it like the plague.

2) Yes, it will install your drivers and then newer ones one you connect to internet, if you are using W10. I don't know for other OS versions.

3) Download your drivers through the Windows device manager.

I've used (tested) that software on Win7 PC. Not going to recommend it at all while I like IObits other products (Uninstaller is also piece of crap). It will find drivers for stuff you don't need. Like the Windows update on Win7 finds older or same drivers to what I already use.

Disk contains drivers from the time it was printed. There will be 90% certainty newer versions available. Yes, Win update will update anything or you can go to manufacturers website and dl latest yourself.

For basic gaming PC you need LAN, chipset, audio, USB, (SATA), GPU and drivers for any peripherals you happen to use.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv