Presentation

Mac

I don't usually ask for help, but I'm not the best at creating PowerPoints.

I have a group interview for an apprenticeship next week and I have to give a 5 minute presentation on why I like ICT. I have to deliver it in front of the interviewers and other candidates.

I'm completely stuck on what to put into the presentation, knowing what to say will be easy once I have the pages done.

Anyone got any ideas on what to put into it?

Experience with computers, your background and when you first used a computer, your current rig, why you enjoy computers, ect.

They're just a few of the things I could think of off the top of my head!

I hope the interview goes well! :)

The best tip I can give you use that PowerPoint is a tool to present and is a visual aid, it is not the presentation.

Nobody is going to take you serious if you stand up there and read a paragraph out of a Powerpoint. I look down on people as an imbecile if they walk in to my class and do that.

Keep text very limited to outline talking points only, don't you even think about using clip or word art, and use images only when they're beneficial to explain what you're talking about. You should be able to present your presentation without even turning your head to so much as glance at the screen.

Error: 410

The best tip I can give you use that PowerPoint is a tool to present, and is a visual aid it is not the presentation.

Nobody is going to take you serious if you stand up there and read a paragraph out of a Powerpoint. I look down on people as an imbecile if they walk in to my class and do that.

Keep text very limited to outline talking points only, don't you even think about using clip or word art, and use images only when they're beneficial to explain what you're talking about.

I know, I never use clipart and I only have a small bit of text if anything to remind me of what to say. 

My only trouble is getting the topics for the presentation.

I know, I never use clipart and I only have a small bit of text if anything to remind me of what to say. 

My only trouble is getting the topics for the presentation.

Just making sure. You don't know how much I cringe and shake my head when someone starts a presentation and begins reading

At the least, mention what got you interested in computers.

Just making sure. You don't know how much I cringe and shake my head when someone starts a presentation and begins reading

At the least, mention what got you interested in computers.

I've started with the evolution of technology and how fast it's changing so I think I only need a couple more topics and that'll take it to 5 minutes. 

What do you teach? :D

I tutor, but other people in my classes frequent presentations that are absolutely dreadful, so bad that it makes you wonder how they even got this far,

the kind I whip my phone out for and forget about.

I've started with the evolution of technology and how fast it's changing so I think I only need a couple more topics and that'll take it to 5 minutes.

How are you going to do that? That might take up too much time :P

I did a presentation where I tried to tl;dr in 5 minutes how proxies and TOR works, wasn't one of my better ideas.

How are you going to do that? That might take up too much time :P

I did a presentation where I tried to tl;dr in 5 minutes how proxies and TOR works, wasn't one of my better ideas.

I've just touched on what we had 10 years ago and what we have now and what we could have in the near future, nothing long, I just want to have about 5 topics I can briefly touch on.