I'm about to be VACED. What should I do.

CobbleWalker
Go to solution Solved by Jade,
2 minutes ago, CobbleWalker said:

Error is not able to be replicated at the moment, although I did replicate it 4 times concretely between restarts. It appears I can play on servers again, but will I be in the next ban wave?

If it's the error I'm thinking of, no, you're not gonna get banned for that. I've seen it on streams several times; its just a problem with steam or your network. It (usually) goes away after a few hours.

Hey guys,

I know this is something that everyone says, but I think I VAC'd myself on accident.  Was trying to hack a flash game with cheat engine, left it running, and now I can't join games 'vac error' message appeasers. Realized my mistake but thought I was ok because I never hooked into game memory. Closed cheat engine, rebooted, same problem. Haven't been VACED yet, but due to the reoccurring issue, I suspect I soon will be. I know, VACS are forever, no one cares what your excuse is, and all of that, but I just want to know if there's anything I can do to get my stuff to another account. Is it possible that I haven't been banned? I know that VACs come in waves, so is it possible that it is truly a issue with software blocking it? Or am I completely screwed? 

Thanks,

CobbleWalker

EDIT: I'll update you guys if I get Vac'd, doubt it thought. (I'm talking to you, you two comediennes taking pleasure in my anxiety.) 9_9 

VAC doesn't just look for Cheat Engine and ban you for it. And no, there's not any way to move it. They'd move the VAC with it, if they let you move it at all. You're probably not banned. Give actual error messages rather than vague references.

Just now, Jade said:

VAC doesn't just look for Cheat Engine and ban you for it. And no, there's not any way to move it. They'd move the VAC with it, if they let you move it at all. You're probably not banned. Give actual error messages rather than vague references.

Sorry, just happened like 5 minutes ago, trying to keep cool. Let me get you screen shots. 

3 minutes ago, Jade said:

Error is not able to be replicated at the moment, although I did replicate it 4 times concretely between restarts. It appears I can play on servers again, but will I be in the next ban wave?

You did not get vac'd by accident; you got vac'd for the very reason that anti cheat technology exists. Try play a different games such as going outside into the real world. The graphics are awesome

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

You did not get vac'd by accident; you got vac'd for the very reason that anti cheat technology exists. Try play a different games such as going outside into the real world. The graphics are awesome

My bad for the vague nature of my statement. I was trying to say I may have gotten myself vac'd by my own accident. 

11 minutes ago, CobbleWalker said:

Probably not. Sometimes when a program like Cheat Engine is open, CS:GO can start up with -insecure running as a launch option (it's really weird but I've seen it happen) this stops you from playing on VAC servers. If it's fine now, then you probably aren't gonna be vac'd.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, CobbleWalker said:

If it's the error I'm thinking of, no, you're not gonna get banned for that. I've seen it on streams several times; its just a problem with steam or your network. It (usually) goes away after a few hours.

16 minutes ago, Jade said:

17 minutes ago, Dargenfire said:

Probably not. Sometimes when a program like Cheat Engine is open, CS:GO can start up with -insecure running as a launch option (it's really weird but I've seen it happen) this stops you from playing on VAC servers. If it's fine now, then you probably aren't gonna be vac'd.

Thank you for your patients and answers. Glad I won't be incurring a Vac, yay!

The error you get when you are banned is something along the lines of "VAC banned from secure server."  If you are getting a VAC authentication error then, as said previously, it is usually to do with your internet/some program on your computer conflicting with steam processes. If you didn't hook into a game process while running the game in VAC secure mode then you're fine. 

Also, just don't bother with hacking/cheating if you're not willing to accept the consequences. There is no such thing as "accidental cheating" or an "accidental ban". Keep that in mind. Don't be that guy. Cheaters destroy games, no matter how small or insignificant.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro