HTC is not being hit by Apple anymore, but now Nokia comes into place.

Cy-Fy

Well guys I just saw this news and I was a bit dissapointed because I though HTC was finally out of trouble, but it doesn't seem like it, at least not here in the UK:

http://www.kitguru.net/mobile/matthew-wilson/nokia-wins-lawsuit-over-htc-in-the-uk/

This might cause yet another downward slope in HTC sales as one of the phones involved in the patent infringement is the flagship, HTC One.

I wonder what HTC reactions will be like but it will definitely cause some serious effects on the manufacture and the customers here in the UK.

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Is it just phones that are largely involved in the patent wars, or does this happen in every other sect as well? 

Because honestly, all this does is make me not want to buy a Nokia.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

Another nail in the coffin for HTC.

It only seems like a matter of when, not if Lenovo buy the company.

Yep that's right it seems like HTC just doesnt know how to NOT get in trouble

HTC is like a piñata , everybody hits them to get some treats out of them. 

Is it just phones that are largely involved in the patent wars, or does this happen in every other sect as well? 

Mostly the phone market I think. It's because patents laws are terrible and now everyone and their grandma is patenting "<insert already existing technology> ON A PHONE!".

Take Apple for example, they have a patent for having colorful icons in a grid array even though we have had that since Windows 3.11 and probably even sooner, but since the patent is for a phone it's totally OK (we had that on phones before Apple but the patent office are too lazy to look stuff like that up).

So my phone contract has just recently ended and I want to wait for the next HTC One or whatever they'll call it. I don't know much about Lenovo's phones but I know they do ok in Asian markets because they're cheaper? I don't like cheap in a phone, I'm going to have it for over 2 years so why not get something nice... I'd be really disappointed if HTC (or whoever buys them) doesn't continue the HTC One trend.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Yeah I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they hit another financial crisis again ...