Stress testing software

Go to solution Solved by brokencross,

ROG Realbench is much better than Aida, Prime95 and IETU for testing stability. I've had CPUs pass on those last three and BSOD on Realbench. 

Hi i want start overclocking my cpu, gpu and ram and was just wondering what is the best software to monitor and stress test all of the above mentioned hardware

Aida64 for CPU.

Different games and benchmark runs for GPU.

I usually stress the cpu in aida64 and prime95 since they work slightly differently. Then play a few games, surf the web with some videos running and everything I would usually do, while also running fah on medium for a few hours.

It's best to use a range of cpu stress tests if you can to make sure your oc is stable on the cpu.Helps to make sure you oc is rock solid stable, under different types of load and longevity.

I've had cpu ocs stable in aida/prime that would crash out as soon as I tried the other one.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

MSI afterburner is a must for GPU overclocking.  That and GPU-z should give you all the info and settings that you need to get a decent OC on the GPU.  I primarily use 3d mark (available on steam too) and games to stress test my gpu clocks but mix it up like @it_dont_work and @Matu20 said because everything is a bit different.  Been a while since I've played with my gpu clocks, but I think Witcher 3, BF4 and GTA V were some that gave me alot of "issues" which is good.  

I like to use x264 for cpu stress testing.  There is a newer x265 that I haven't used but I've heard good things about it.  Aida64 is good too.  If you have a really good cooling solution then Intel Burn Test  isn't a bad way to go but its not my favorite.  I like to use a variety of things here too and also mix in some gaming or whatever you normally use the PC for.  I've tested several OC's that were better in theory and passed stress tests but had worse actual performance while gaming

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

ROG Realbench is much better than Aida, Prime95 and IETU for testing stability. I've had CPUs pass on those last three and BSOD on Realbench. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I would use Unigine benchmarks for the initial GPU testing as they have the option to loop without stopping. You will get a good ballpark OC using that method and when later the GPU crashes during a play session, then drop the core or memory, depends on which crashed, by a mere 10 MHz and keep playing, rinse and repeat.

Unigine seems to work quite well for me to not have any further crashes while playing actual games.

I use mainly OCCT for stress tests. RealBench looks good too, though for some reason it takes a lot longer for it to stress my cooling. I've used both OCCT and MSI Kombustor for GPU stressing. For RAM you use same stuff as with CPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv