The dinosaur lives again

doomsriker

While helping my parents move out of my childhood home, I found this interesting tower sitting collecting dust along side boxes. Nobody seemed to remember it. Judgeing from the user name, I think it was my Mom's, however she has no recolection of it. Instead of throwing it out, I decided to try to revive it. A new (old but working) power supply and a little poking and proding and cable manageing later and here is what I got. I'm not sure of the capabilities, but ill try to run some benchmarks soon. I'm not expecting much out of the old girl however. 

-specs-

-Motherboard: Asus

-CPU: Athlon 64

-GPU BFG Geforce 6800 ultra (AGP)

-RAM: 3GB ddr2

-PSU: Turbolink 420W 

-HDD: 2x 250GB hard drives 

-OS windows 7 home premium 

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I love those old cases. My 7 year old has my old Game Axe steel case and she won't let go of it for anything. She calls it her "bad kitty". I eventually had to drop a Z97 into it for her and she's quite pleased with the speed and ease of usb 3.0 changing out from an old LGA 775 board presented a few challenges but nothing worth sweating over. She totally loves the modding and more importantly gets to keep her "bad kitty".  Seems all my daughters like the retro look and love towers. The legacy continues! :)