Accidentally found out Original Xbox was modded

So I recently got an Original Xbox that used to be my cousin's. He had said that he wanted to replace the disk drive. The disk drive won't open unless you hit the top of the console. So after I figured that out I thought I could play games. I've tried booting games from the Xbox dashboard but it doesn't work. It has only said the disk is unreadable once, every other time it's basically ignored the disc after roughly 30 seconds of the light flashing. Well, this one time I put in a game I hadn't tried before, V8 Supercars 2. Nothing happened but I noticed that the screen froze for a split second but that was it. I then decided to reboot the Xbox with game disc still in. After a longer period than usual of the Xbox logo being up on screen, an EvolutionX menu popped up. I had the option to play emulators, other things and play games off the HDD. I decided to boot up one of the games off the HDD which was GTA III. It booted up and gameplay was normal. I then turned off the Xbox and tried it again but every time I've tried it's gone back to the normal Xbox dashboard. The EvolutionX version was V+3935. 

I've never modded a console so I'm very new to this but I really want to play games on it and emulators so any help would be amazing.

EDIT: I managed to get to the EvolutionX dashboard by ejecting the disk whilst in the Xbox boot up when the logo is shown.

The BIOS Version is as follows '(256)EvoX M7 EjectFix'. The kernel version is '1.00.5101.01' and the hardware info is '00000200 A3 D4'.

FTP is enabled with a password 'xbox'. I'm not sure if that's just a default password or my cousin couldn't be bothered thinking of one that was harder to guess.

EDIT2: It appears that the disk drive actually is broken as, even when I put a game disk in, 'No Disc' is displayed in the top right hand corner.

EDIT3: I found out that I have to hold the Eject button in the boot up screen, not just press it. I went into 'Applications on Hard Drive' and I'll list the applications so someone with knowledge can tell me what they do.\

Bioschecker, boXplorer (G-patched), chimp2.4, Complex Tools, ConfigMagic, DVD-X2 DongleFree DVD-Player, DVD2Xbox, Enigmah Videomode Switchdisc, Halo Cache Editor v0.7, LinksBoks, Mimesis, Phoenix Bios Loader, pX HDD Loader, X-DSL, x3_erase, Xbox FTP Client, Xbox Media Center, Xbox Mouse Test App, Xbpox Watch, XBpartitioner, xCbr, XCommander R2 G:, Xecuter2 Bios Config, Xenium, Xored Trainer Launcher, xToolBox, YAMP. Holy shit that's a lot. 

Any help from anyone willing to read through all of this would be awesome.

13 hours ago, Whoopsie988 said:

The EvolutionX version was V+3935. 

That is the latest version of EvoX

FTP is enabled with a password 'xbox'. I'm not sure if that's just a default password or my cousin couldn't be bothered thinking of one that was harder to guess.

That's the standard password for FTP Access from EvoX

Most of the applications on the hard drive will be various tools for ripping Xbox Games (DVD2Xbox) or various tools for your modded xbox. XBMC (now known as Kodi) was a popular mod for Xbox at the time. The others I would have no idea. - most likely they will be used in EvoX than in the standard Xbox Dashboard

EDIT2: It appears that the disk drive actually is broken as, even when I put a game disk in, 'No Disc' is displayed in the top right hand corner.

If you wanted to replace the drive...you will have to look on ebay for a replacement drive...and it's a bit of a process to do (I remember I had to do this when I owned a Xbox and it was a PITA...

The Clown Prince...With A Bullet In A Bilbe

2 hours ago, bigdirtyjase said:

That is the latest version of EvoX

That's the standard password for FTP Access from EvoX

Most of the applications on the hard drive will be various tools for ripping Xbox Games (DVD2Xbox) or various tools for your modded xbox. XBMC (now known as Kodi) was a popular mod for Xbox at the time. The others I would have no idea. - most likely they will be used in EvoX than in the standard Xbox Dashboard

If you wanted to replace the drive...you will have to look on ebay for a replacement drive...and it's a bit of a process to do (I remember I had to do this when I owned a Xbox and it was a PITA...

Awesome, thanks. I have no knowledge on console modding what so ever so this is a big help. Yeah, there are some good games on the HDD but I do want to build a collection as well.

Again, thanks for the help. 

No worries...

I would do some google searches on how to replace a Xbox DVD Drive....there are some forum sites that still have information on Xbox Modding and stuff...

The Clown Prince...With A Bullet In A Bilbe