FPS on Skyrim?

Strafos

Hi Everyone, when I finish building my computer I'm going to be buying a widescreen monitor to go along with it, I'm also mainly going to be playing Skyrim (not remastered) and I'm going to mod it, ENBs and such.

So I was wondering, what sort of FPS would I get if I:

Ran the game (on max settings) with a ENB such as RealVision

Ran it on a a Widescreen Monitor

(21:9, 2560 x 1080)

(Using a 1080 and i7 6700k in my build)

Thanks to anyone who can help, or provide advice! 

Running RealVision on a 1080 is so wasted. You'd probably get upwards of a 100+ fps. But everyone caps it to 90-60. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

22 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Running RealVision on a 1080 is so wasted. You'd probably get upwards of a 100+ fps. But everyone caps it to 90-60. 

Thanks, what ENB do you recommend then?

(Monitor is 144hz)

9 minutes ago, Strafos said:

Thanks, what ENB do you recommend then?

(Monitor is 144hz)

Konan ENB 

Docter's ENB

- Looks good

- Not as hard hitting on your fps

Doesn't matter if your monitor is 144hz. You don't want more than 100fps. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

29 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Konan ENB 

Docter's ENB

- Looks good

- Not as hard hitting on your fps

Doesn't matter if your monitor is 144hz. You don't want more than 100fps. 

Thanks for the ENB names, may I ask why I don't want more than 100fps?

43 minutes ago, Strafos said:

Thanks for the ENB names, may I ask why I don't want more than 100fps?

That's usually the point where skyrim's physics engine craps out. And you'll start seeing weird shit. 

Oh and Project ENB is another one to try. 

4 hours ago, Pohernori said:

That's usually the point where skyrim's physics engine craps out. And you'll start seeing weird shit. 

Oh and Project ENB is another one to try. 

Thanks for helping me out :)

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Use Skyrim Special Edition (if at all possible) instead it should handle 144hz a lot better.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm going to wait until proper ENBs start showing up. :)

6 hours ago, Strafos said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm going to wait until proper ENBs start showing up. :)

Well there are some and they do look gorgeous but I abstained from them myself since they're not without problems as of yet. In any case even if you have the power to run at high frame rate old Skyrim is not very stable: be extra careful with load order (use something like mod organizer and stay away from any unnecessary mods to save as much cycles and memory as possible) and you should be fine but I still wouldn't expect things to go smoothly past 100fps.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

You can also use this reference while you're looking through ENBs ( there's a section for ENBs: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76373/? ) 

First you should know, we will not be getting ENBs in the same capacity as before, Borris has released a statement about this. Anyways, here's some things DonProtein doesn't cover (IMO, from my testing/research):

Kountervibe* (a K ENB): dark (but the lights pop so well), romantic, excellent lighting emphasis, held in the highest regards by many screen-archers, but It's one of the most demanding ENBs, ever. The saturation and contrast is balanced well, and it easily has the best bloom you'll ever see. It hasn't been updated yet though (still works).  All of the colors are exceptional. I can't recommend this ENB enough. The best interior lighting you will ever see, period. 

K pure light ( a K ENB): Similar to Kountervibe but a bit brighter and more saturated (fully updated). 

Rampage*: Similar to Kountervibe but lighter weight, more realistic, more updated,  Excellent balance between realistic and romantic. Excellent performance.  Rampage and The K ENBs handle bad weathers superbly. Some of the best sunset transitions you'll see. 

Snap Dragon: It's really good for character screenshots, The greens pop very well, and the saturation overall is pretty tame. 

ElderBlood: A Witcher  inspired preset, with some of the best dramatic reds you'll see. (This is for the older version). The strong suits are the amazing exteriors. The water is going to come down to taste, but it's very dramatic and bright at night. The colors are overall excellent. 

TetraChromatic: Similar to Elderblood. The skies have the most variety of colors I've ever seen. Sunsets are truly amazing when the weathers are right. It's not quite as sharp as say Elderblood, but it makes up for it with it's extensive color variety. Since I last checked, it has the largest vareity of weathers too, and can be used with Vivid weatherse.

Grim and Somber presets*: All of these are good, and they are easily the best at what they set out to do. In particular, Malacath does reds well, and Azura has some of the best yellows I've ever seen, and one of the best sunrises.  Hircine does dark like you've never seen before.

*These are presets, that I can confirm get dark enough to change the way you play at night if you set them up right.

Wow, thanks dude