950 Pro not working?

Vaskeklut

Hey peeps

I built a new computer about a month and a half ago, and bought a m.2 ssd. But for some reason I kinda forgot about it, and havent installed it until now. 

My motherboard is a GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 from Gigabyte. And I plugged the m.2 in the slot on the backside of the board, and tightened the screw. And the user manual for the board says that to find a M.2 PCIe SSD I should check under OffBoard SATA Controller Configuration in the BIOS. But when I do, it says that no PCIe SSD is present. 
I tried installing the driver software from Samsung, as someone said that was needed (http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html). Though I cant say that helped me at all.

Appreciate all feedback on this one, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Vaskeklut said:

Hey peeps

I built a new computer about a month and a half ago, and bought a m.2 ssd. But for some reason I kinda forgot about it, and havent installed it until now. 

My motherboard is a GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 from Gigabyte. And I plugged the m.2 in the slot on the backside of the board, and tightened the screw. And the user manual for the board says that to find a M.2 PCIe SSD I should check under OffBoard SATA Controller Configuration in the BIOS. But when I do, it says that no PCIe SSD is present. 
I tried installing the driver software from Samsung, as someone said that was needed (http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html). Though I cant say that helped me at all.

It may be that the ssd is faulty or damaged. if you can try another 1 or get it replaced

Hello

39 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

It may be that the ssd is faulty or damaged. if you can try another 1 or get it replaced

Well, the thought have crossed me. But I see this as the last solution. And was hoping for some more feedback on how it is done from start to finish, so I know I have done it right before I cross it of as broken. 

7 hours ago, Vaskeklut said:

Well, the thought have crossed me. But I see this as the last solution. And was hoping for some more feedback on how it is done from start to finish, so I know I have done it right before I cross it of as broken. 

Your Bios may need an update to work with m.2 drives. You could try that first and see if it would work

Hello

11 hours ago, Vaskeklut said:

Hey peeps

Non detection - it's always bios related if the nvme drive is properly seated

Check it's properly seated on the m2 slot and check for bios updates

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor