Surround Sound Doubt

uribin117

Hi!Well the thing here is that I have a ROG Xonar Phoebus in my gaming rig with a Logitech Z506 5.1 and I have a Genius SW-G2.1 1250 laying around the house

I was wondering If I could hook up the Genius in the remaining 3.5 connector and achieve a speaker configuration of 7.2 sorta...

OR

Option 2

I could connect a Y Splitter in the soundcard where de subwoofer goes and conect the Subwoofer from the Logitech and in the other end the 21 Genius

Could this improve the bass?

In advance thanks for your help and sorry for the bad English

My PC rig:Phenom 1055T ,ASUS M5A97 R2.0, ASUS GTX 680 Direct CU II OC 2GB, CoolerMaster HAF912 , Corsair CX600M, 2X VERTEX 3 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, 6 GB RAM

Next Biuld: FX-8350, ASUS M5A97 R2.0, GTX 780Ti, NZXT H440 Black and Red, CoolerMaster V850, 2X VERTEX 3 120gb SSD, 2X 1TB HDD, 8GB Kingston Hyper X Fury 1600MHz

Using the Y splitter will probably improve the bass (improve volume), but it will drop the volume in the center/sub line so you will have to compensate for that by raising center channel and possibly lowering all the other channels if you're unable to equalize the volume across the channels.

Personally I wouldn't bother though.

Error: 410

Using the Y splitter will probably improve the bass (improve volume), but it will drop the volume in the center/sub line so you will have to compensate for that by raising center channel and possibly lowering all the other channels if you're unable to equalize the volume across the channels.

Personally I wouldn't bother though.

Thanks!

My PC rig:Phenom 1055T ,ASUS M5A97 R2.0, ASUS GTX 680 Direct CU II OC 2GB, CoolerMaster HAF912 , Corsair CX600M, 2X VERTEX 3 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, 6 GB RAM

Next Biuld: FX-8350, ASUS M5A97 R2.0, GTX 780Ti, NZXT H440 Black and Red, CoolerMaster V850, 2X VERTEX 3 120gb SSD, 2X 1TB HDD, 8GB Kingston Hyper X Fury 1600MHz

The sub channel should be on the same 3.5mm jack as the center channel, but I'm guessing you don't have to worry about that for these HTIB sets. TL;DR use a splitter if you want two subs.