The Skyrim Special Edition (SSE) Thread

Albatross

Holy shit.  EFF is a fracking nightmare in SSE right now.  gods I miss Oldrim's UFO something fierce right now.

Shezrie's Old Hroldan Town Ver 2.2 SE

>.<!  I love the mod and the people who worked it.  I'm so down with the mindset they bring to the game, and in the "messages from mayor" update vids that get posted.

That said, in addition to this mod; "Shezrie's Old Hroldan Inn Retexture" is a very welcome improvement.

Oh yeah!  My Dwemer weapons pretty much always looked like shit.  This is one I never tripped over with oldrim.  Got both a stand alnoe and replacer versions.  Going to check the standalone version right now, with the expectation that I'll be opting for the replacer.  Not aware of any other text&mesh replacers specifically for dwemer weapons in SSE at them moment; let alone one that looks this good.

Stylish Dwemer Blades

13721-1512818355-1651609201.jpeg

"Malacath favours the axe-wielder" - Female Orc

13721-1512817855-2134206678.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dudes 

anyway to run this game past the 60 fps cap? 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

On 1/5/2018 at 6:13 PM, Ebony Falcon said:

Hey dudes 

anyway to run this game past the 60 fps cap? 

Sorry I didn't see your post till now.

No, I've not seen a "fix" for 60+ FPS.  Not anything official, or anything that doesn't break things in the end.  There are some thing people do (see google), but I've not seen anything thats stable enough for my tastes.  Don't care for having my save/game crap out hundreds of hours later because of tweaking the fps cap.

I'd personally be down for looking for a solution to get the GPU to just send more repeat frames, rather than trying to change the game engine with tweaks.

The 60fps cap is too hard coded into the game for me to trust any tweak without a lot of testing.  When scripting relies on 60fps, there's not much one can to without breaking things.

• 1 month later...

Mod Author LupusHegemonia has just dropped several textures that look purty guud.  Only linking to 3, but check out the authors page to see their other work.

15670-1520186900-29429030.jpeg

LH's Fear of the Draugr HD

15671-1520187715-2102942340.jpeg

LH's Storm Atronach HD 4K

15651-1520154913-1253252051.jpeg

LH's Imperial Arsenal HD

Oh yeah, that there's sum finger lickin good stuff.  SSE is starting to really shape up IMO.  Still need to bang out a number of dents in framework mods(the hardest part by a long stretch), but my SSE build is starting to catch some of that 'je ne sais quoi' sort of oldrim's magic.

Hard to beat the love some good textures give a game.