Which computer to get?

Naru78

Hello, I'm planning to buy a custom built PC within the next 2 months. I'm trying to get the best price to performance computer with a black and white color layout. Just to note again, this is a custom built PC from a store. I am not building it my self.

The first computer has a Nvidia GTX 1070 and an i5 6400, link below.

PLE Computer GTX 1070 Build

The second computer has a RX 480 and an i7 6700, again link below.

PLE Computer RX 480 Build

If you guys have any better modifications to the build for roughly $1,800 AUD or less please let me know.

Why not build it yourself? We can provide you with guide and links to how to build. And if you have question just ask us. Some of us (not me) are so free we can even hook up skype or video call so we can assist you on building yourself

You save cost and all the parts you picked are guaranteed to be good. Because Pre built will have some bad components that most likely you will have to replace

Out of 2. It looks so unbalanced for gaming. i7 with a 480 and then a not so powerful i5 with a 1070

I would try for no 2 though

6 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

Why dont you build it yourself?

It's only a $99 AUD cost to get them to build it to my specifications, along with a 2 year warranty.  

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Why not build it yourself? We can provide you with guide and links to how to build. And if you have question just ask us. Some of us (not me) are so free we can even hook up skype or video call so we can assist you on building yourself

You save cost and all the parts you picked are guaranteed to be good. Because Pre built will have some bad components that most likely you will have to replace

Out of 2. It looks so unbalanced for gaming. i7 with a 480 and then a not so powerful i5 with a 1070

Let me make a list of parts for you to build.

The $99 AUD cost would be much better, as I get someone who is trained to do so to build it. It also makes it less stressful, as it takes time to build and also the risk of destroying the parts are high as a new builder.

Just now, Naru78 said:

It's only a $99 AUD cost to get them to build it to my speculations, along with a 2 year warranty.  

The $99 AUD cost would be much better, as I get someone who is trained to do so to build it. It also makes it less stressful, as it takes time to build and also the risk of destroying the parts are high as a new builder.

You get warranty's on parts and it isnt difficult and is better price/performance

1 minute ago, Naru78 said:

It's only a $99 AUD cost to get them to build it to my speculations, along with a 2 year warranty.  

Let me contradict everything you just said

99 dollars for a 2 year warranty that comes with the parts anyway is bogus.

You dont need to be trained to build a computer, its like legos the parts simply slot in.

Its not stressful, building a pc is fun.

Your risk of breaking anything is probably lower than the risk of something being DOA.

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Let me contradict everything you just said

99 dollars for a 2 year warranty that comes with the parts anyway is bogus.

You dont need to be trained to build a computer, its like legos the parts simply slot in.

Its not stressful, building a pc is fun.

Your risk of breaking anything is probably lower than the risk of something being DOA.

It can be fun, until you break something. Which in my case I will. Also if parts are DOA, I can easily return and replace it.

Would this convince you otherwise when I saved you 200 bucks?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($317.00 @ Shopping Express)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($145.00 @ Umart)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($119.00 @ Scorptec)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.00 @ Shopping Express)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.00 @ Shopping Express)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card  ($569.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($116.00 @ Umart)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter  ($15.00 @ Shopping Express)
Total: $1575.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-14 14:38 AEDT+1100

either build your self or get someone to build. i understand your reasons. I would recommend:

PC 1 for gaming

PC 2 for content creation

3 minutes ago, Naru78 said:

It can be fun, until you break something. Which in my case I will. Also if parts are DOA, I can easily return and replace it.

You wont break anything bro, the only fragile part is the CPU slot on the motherboard, and thats pretty sturdy.

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Would this convince you otherwise when I saved you 200 bucks?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($317.00 @ Shopping Express)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($145.00 @ Umart)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($119.00 @ Scorptec)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.00 @ Shopping Express)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.00 @ Shopping Express)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card  ($569.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($116.00 @ Umart)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter  ($15.00 @ Shopping Express)
Total: $1575.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-14 14:38 AEDT+1100

It's much more budget friendly, my only concern is shipping prices as most of these sites are in NSW ( Melbourne / Sydney ). I'm on the other side of Australia, WA. But still again, the risk of breaking something.    

5 hours ago, Naru78 said:

It's much more budget friendly, my only concern is shipping prices as most of these sites are in NSW ( Melbourne / Sydney ). I'm on the other side of Australia, WA. But still again, the risk of breaking something.    

hire someone to build. but check with the store. 99 dollars more will still cheaper than you getting from a store

3 minutes ago, Naru78 said:

Bro you want me to just build you a computer, I swear on the bible I will build you one and ship it to you, and I'll only charge you for the parts and shipping. I just wanna put one together again, its so fun.

You can jump down to the h170 mobo since you are getting locked processors on both the builds. Also, see if you can bump up the SSD size but 240gb. is fine. I would get the 6500/1070 PC for gaming. But like everyone else has said, you will save a significant amount of money and get better performance if you just build it yourself. I wouldn't be paranoid about building a computer yourself because building a computer nowadays is pretty easy because of all the standards and technologies that exist now. As long as you aren't throwing the parts around and follow a guide then you will have no problem building one. I have built 6 computers so far and the only thing that has broken for me is one 4gb. ram stick that was on a server that has been on for the last 2 years. I might just be very lucky but I still wouldn't worry about parts dying anytime soon.