Job for CSS Developer

paps511

Is anyone here experienced with CSS (ground up development NOT wordpress) close to northern NJ and looking for a job?

My company is looking to hire another developer, but we are looking for someone with more design/css skills.

Other common skills we look for are: SQL, JSON, C#, Git, Slack.

Let me know if you think you might be interested

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

You should look for C# dev then. Any good dev has to know primary programming language, plus sql, xml, json, javascript, xslt and every junior must know css.

Too bad I live in Florida, I need the money.

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

I would say I can learn CSS on codecademy. :P

What we are finding is that people who are good at coding are not good with CSS and visuals, and the people who are good at visuals (photoshop illustrator) are also not good with CSS.

We need someone who is primarily a CSS developer. =(

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

1 hour ago, paps511 said:

What we are finding is that people who are good at coding are not good with CSS and visuals, and the people who are good at visuals (photoshop illustrator) are also not good with CSS.

I thought most people used frameworks to save time.

I couldn't imagine hiring an ASP.net developer who couldn't debug and fix the whole widget. By that I mean, front end developer should be able to slice a psd to a responsive html file, build in the Javascript code for the UX, merge it into a .chtml/.php/.jsp, write efficient SQL, use the proper indexes, etc.

I'm a PHP developer, however, we tend to be more frontend oriented than Java or C# developers. :)

23 hours ago, paps511 said:

there is no such thing as a css developer anybody who is a front end developer will need to know css and know it well.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

15 hours ago, Reich said:

Then you're looking for a Web designer, not a developer.

Web designer designs the website - a frontend developer makes the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

A frontend developer is technical not creative. Same goes for a backend developer.

Yeah we are looking for a Front end developer.

Someone to take photoshop documents and make it on the web and pretty looking

10 minutes ago, paps511 said:

Yeah we are looking for a Front end developer.

Someone to take photoshop documents and make it on the web and pretty looking

http://css3ps.com/

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 hour ago, Nineshadow said:

Interesting. I'll have to add that plugin

2 hours ago, paps511 said:

Interesting. I'll have to add that plugin

I don't know how well it works, I just did a quick google search and that one looked okay.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

On 16/12/2016 at 1:17 AM, Reich said:

My point (though badly worded) was that there is no such thing as a "CSS developer". If someone is better versed in CSS than in actual programming languages, then he is more a designer than a developer.

Though I don't really want to start on argument on definitions as it wouldn't contribute much to OP's situation.

I would class CSS to fall more into the design area of the field but not completely.

I am at a loss however as to why one would not just choose something well established and widely used such as Boostrap and then focus on handing off the design work to an actual designer. This way one ensures that platform paradigms are adhered to thus users are not alienated and thereby also alleviating a great deal of the developmental pressure. When one starts making noises about building things from the ground up given the presence of such mature and well rounded frameworks then questions must be raised... i.e. Why...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

On 12/13/2016 at 0:55 PM, paprikman said:

You should look for C# dev then. Any good dev has to know primary programming language, plus sql, xml, json, javascript, xslt and every junior must know css.

Don't you think that's a little aggressive? I make a living off of knowing only one those things.