Best cheap tablet for Netflix?

Mallowpuffs

I'm looking for a new cheap tablet to watch netflix on, and possibly a few games.

OS can be anything. Just the best cheap tablet.

So really, all that matters is the picture quality. I recently watched some netflix on an Apple IPad Air 2 and was blown away compared to my Amazon Fire.

Screen size doesn't matter much, just not tiny.

I honestly don't know where netflix reaches its limit on picture quality. Maybe it can only reach the Fire's res and it was placebo that made the Air 2 looks 10x better. So that's another thing, if netflix can even use a high res over wifi.

Under $200, the cheaper the better.

Thanks ya.

EDIT: I'm starting to think it is the wifi.. I hate to say it, but I never noticed that my kindle fire is the 3rd generation HDX 7". I always thought it was the low res HD 7. This has a 1920x1200 resolution at 323 ppi. I don't think there's much out there at my price point that would beat that..

I'd really like it to be able to come from Amazon to be able to be here for the Holidays.

How would the Tab S2 8" be?

@Mallowpuffs  Samsung is usually a good choice maybe a LINK HERE  Might be a good, and I don't know why you don't like the Fire HD I have one and it's got a decent picture for 50£ 

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, bring others along."

My Rig: | CPUIntel Core i5-8700K 4.8GHz | MotherboardMSI Z370 SLI PLUS   | RAMCorsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB 2133 | GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB SC I | CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case | StorageCrucial MX300 756GB SSD | Crucial MX100 256GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM x3 | PSUCorsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Modular |  DisplayAOC i2769Vm 60Hz 27" x 2 Acer 27" H277HU 2K | CPU CoolingCorsair H110i Liquid Cooler | KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB | MouseCorsair SCIMITAR PRO RGB | Sound: Corsair Void Yellow WIFI | OS: Windows 10 Professional

1 hour ago, XxCJDJxX said:

@Mallowpuffs  Samsung is usually a good choice maybe a LINK HERE  Might be a good, and I don't know why you don't like the Fire HD I have one and it's got a decent picture for 50£ 

I love my fire HDX. I came to the conclusion that the bad picture is probably my wifi.

My issues are that I would like a somewhat bigger one, like the tab 2 8". Mine is 7". But more importantly, it's been starting to crash slot recently and won't hold a charge.

@Mallowpuffs what sort of speeds do you get on your wifi you can do a test here http://www.speedtest.ne

Probably shouldn't recommend getting it secondhand but if you have a good secondhand shop like we do in the uk then have a look in there see if they have it cheaper.

I also recommend Samsung TABpro 10.1   

My Rig: | CPUIntel Core i5-8700K 4.8GHz | MotherboardMSI Z370 SLI PLUS   | RAMCorsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB 2133 | GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB SC I | CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case | StorageCrucial MX300 756GB SSD | Crucial MX100 256GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM x3 | PSUCorsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Modular |  DisplayAOC i2769Vm 60Hz 27" x 2 Acer 27" H277HU 2K | CPU CoolingCorsair H110i Liquid Cooler | KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB | MouseCorsair SCIMITAR PRO RGB | Sound: Corsair Void Yellow WIFI | OS: Windows 10 Professional

15 minutes ago, XxCJDJxX said:

@Mallowpuffs what sort of speeds do you get on your wifi you can do a test here http://www.speedtest.ne

Probably shouldn't recommend getting it secondhand but if you have a good secondhand shop like we do in the uk then have a look in there see if they have it cheaper.

I also recommend Samsung TABpro 10.1   

I'm out right now, I'll check when I get back. But I know my PC on wifi gets around 55MBS download which isn't too slow. Maybe the picture isn't as bad as I'm thinking. I know it's not bad, I just thought the IPad air 2 looked much better.

As for a secondhand store, I honestly don't know of any here.

7 minutes ago, Mallowpuffs said:

I'm out right now, I'll check when I get back. But I know my PC on wifi gets around 55MBS download which isn't too slow. Maybe the picture isn't as bad as I'm thinking. I know it's not bad, I just thought the IPad air 2 looked much better.

As for a secondhand store, I honestly don't know of any here.

alright but the iPad would look better than a amazon tablet LOL

7 minutes ago, XxCJDJxX said:

alright but the iPad would look better than a amazon tablet LOL

That's true, but from what I saw, their ppi are pretty close the same. Or I'm wrong. I'll go see.

Just checked. GSMArena says the fire I have is 323 ppi and the iPad air 2 is 264.

9 minutes ago, Mallowpuffs said:

That's true, but from what I saw, their ppi are pretty close the same. Or I'm wrong. I'll go see.

Just checked. GSMArena says the fire I have is 323 ppi and the iPad air 2 is 264.

o.O Im not sure what to suggest then.