Best gamepad for me?

ArmswieldTheHero

I need a gamepad with both analog sticks on the bottom, a really nice, clicky Dpad. And a full range of buttons / axis (At least as much as a standard PS3/X360) I need it to have good build quality, because I will be putting it through a lot of gaming. I have average sized hands, and so far the PS3 controllers have been my favourite. The only issues are the Dpad being too stiff and mushy, and the drivers, oh GOD the drivers!

2 hours ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

I need a gamepad with both analog sticks on the bottom, a really nice, clicky Dpad. And a full range of buttons / axis (At least as much as a standard PS3/X360) I need it to have good build quality, because I will be putting it through a lot of gaming. I have average sized hands, and so far the PS3 controllers have been my favourite. The only issues are the Dpad being too stiff and mushy, and the drivers, oh GOD the drivers!

You could get a DS4 and use DS4windows

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

If you like the PS3 controller then just use that? The third party custom pads are generally awful in my experience.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

8 hours ago, treeroy said:

If you like the PS3 controller then just use that? The third party custom pads are generally awful in my experience.

the drivers are a constant pain, they break every time I restart my computer. Plus the mushy Dpad

You've basically said "I need a PS4 Controller with better D-pad".

But seriously, Xbox One S controller is really good. If you can, borrow one from a friend (even a standard one, not S) and try to get used to sticks.

27 minutes ago, protoCJ said:

You've basically said "I need a PS4 Controller with better D-pad".

But seriously, Xbox One S controller is really good. If you can, borrow one from a friend (even a standard one, not S) and try to get used to sticks.

Its not a matter of getting used to the sticks. That layout is absolutely garbage for any 2D game that relies on the Dpad for movement.

Just now, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Its not a matter of getting used to the sticks. That layout is absolutely garbage for any 2D game that relies on the Dpad for movement.

The same can be said for PS controller for games that rely on stick. It is a matter of getting used to, really.

You may look into this http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f310-gamepad